Author Topic: Do I still have Gynecomastia (2 Months Post-op) ?  (Read 5306 times)

Offline nick04

• Posting Member
Hello Doctors,

I'm 2 months Post OP now, and finally my surgeon told me to stop wearing compression vest. My chest looks much better (and flatter) than before but still there are few things that bothering me a lot:

1. I do not have puffy nipples anymore but still my areolas are somewhat bigger.

2. There is some loose skin (not hanging) around my chest.

Do I still have gynecomastia or it's only in MY HEAD? How much would you rate my results on a scale of 1 to 10? What changes both positive and negative I can expect in the upcoming months?  

Your opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated.  :)

More Post OP Pics:

Offline nick04

• Posting Member

Offline nick04

• Posting Member
My surgeon is out of town, so it would be great if someone answer my queries. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have a nice post op result -- be grateful and happy.

There is usually some shrinkage of the areolar diameter after surgery -- but large areolas will still be slightly large.  I would definitely not pursue this further -- surgery to reduce the diameter of the areolas can result in scars completely around the areola -- and in time, the areolas can stretch out again.

As for loose skin, there appears to be none.  You do have some stretch marks so you may have been heavier in past years.  Surgery to tighten the skin would leave substantial scars -- not worth it.

You are 95% improved -- nice contours, good scars, no dips/dings/craters/infections.  Why not be pleased?  If you go for further surgery, you will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline nick04

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Jacobs for taking the time to answer my questions. Yes, I have a few concerns but I'm not completely dissatisfied with the results. But after reading your response/opinion I'm much happier now. :)

My surgeon also told me that there is some loose skin around my tummy too probably due to weight loss so I should go for some laser skin tightening treatment. But I've lost only 11-12 pounds in about 2 months that's why I think I'm not a suitable candidate for this skin tightening treatment. Can you comment on this? One last question - can I start training my chest muscles again?  

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There are no lasers that will tighten skin on your abdomen.  Some people are hyping laser liposuction, but it has not been proven to visually tighten skin.  And there is no proven method to remove stretch marks -- don't waste your money.

If you abdominal skin is lax, you might consult with your surgeon about a combination liposuction and tummy tuck.

As for working out your chest muscles, you should direct that question to your surgeon since he knows you far better than I do.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:44:10 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »

Offline nick04

• Posting Member
Thank you Dr. Jacobs for the detailed information. Honestly, I don't want to go for any other cosmetic treatment. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.  :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024