Author Topic: I just had to open up...  (Read 3657 times)

Offline Ronkelo

• Posting Member
Hello everyone!

I found this forum just today and got a feeling I had to share or Ill do something I cant cancel (suicide). First things first Im 17 years old guy with what atleast I call huge manboobs. My height is 192centimetres and my weight is 108kilograms. Im having super hard time living with these things on my chest, Im a man not a woman. I dont feel manly with these ugly matafakas. Im not sure if I have bad gynecomastia because Im well overweight. I feel like I atleast have fat on the sides which is my biggest problem. Im not sure about anything. Im only 17, I dont want to ruin my early life because of this. I atleast want to walk out with a t-shirt at summer (was always in a hoodie last summer, was over 25celsius at worst). What do you guys think? No chance talking to my mom or dad. I know they would do anything to help me, but I just cant tell them its too embarrasibg. Ive had really bad thoughts in my mind lately, cant even go to my friends or outside because I feel everyone is staring at me and I think they are. I was a different person before all this :(. I was always positive, happy and social. Now all thats changed. How bad you guys think the situation is, cant of course go to a surgery because Im underage and cant tell my parents. What to do.  Im really losing my mind, friends and my whole life. Should I start walking three times a week (1hour hike) and hit the gym few times a week or what? Actually no chance going to gym, I love it so much, but too embarrasing. Thanks for answers! Im feeling terrible. I couldnt add pics because it says file is too large (Im on mobile).

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:33:28 PM by Ronkelo »

Offline Ronkelo

• Posting Member
And  also I think I have atleast 25% bodyfat maybe even 35%. I stood so straight it doesnt show, also my nipples are puffier (it was mild cold).

Heres another pic, shows the situation maybe in a more realistic way. You can see fat too.

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
I was just like you 248 pounds when I was 17, i'm now 138.. You can do it walk and eat healthier, Over time you can start running/lifting weights. I didn't see any results until after 2 months, But i did see results on the weight scale after the first week
You can do it.

It took me about 8 months to lose it and now i'm toning it up by lifting weights.

If you're planning to diet take it slow, I lost weight rapidly causing a bit of lose skin, If you take it slow your skin will have more time to adjust.

My current age is 19.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Bro, I felt the same way. Was gonna shoot myself in the shower and shit if I couldn't shake this. Please hang on for a bit. Life has a way of making ways for us. Before you know it you'll stumble on to a way to have surgery.  Just hold on. It seems so far away but it could be around the corner AND will be when you make it so.

God bless brother...

Offline Ronkelo

• Posting Member
Guys, thanks a lot for saying those kind things. I feel pathetic for speaking like this. Still Im happy that atleast you two have been in the same situation(atleast kinda). I started eating really healthy last saturday (about 1400-2000 calories). Ill keep that going and buy a bench to home so I can workout better. Ill try this, but I just feel I can never start living full life... Its just sad. Already lost so many things and chances. I was good at football, but after gaining weight and manboobs I had to stop, hell I could have been good(maybe). I would just love to atleast go play football with my friends :(. Im glad I atleast have a lot of good friends, but not sure for how long (coz I always say I cant come out). Im dieing inside. Happy that I now have this community :). Im thinking of moving in to USA after highschool, dont even know if its wise, but its my dream, sometimes my dreams are the onky thing keeping me alive, dunno how long that lasts. Thanks for replying guys :). I try to feel happier, but it just isnt possible with these manboobs. Im losing it honestly. Just want to get out of this deppressed country and away from its weather. Though I would like to be in shape before moving to a warm place in USA.

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
I understand how you guys. Am 36 I know it wont happen but I wish there was some kind of meetup group where guys with the condition could meetup in a support group to talk about these issues.  This message board is very helpful.  Am 36 but as a teenager did not understand what was happening to me.  It would have been less distressing if i had support.

I hid it well through  high school and to this day the only people that know are one of my friends who also has it but hes fat so i feel its more exceptable but i am skinny.  Also my first girlfriend but she was so in love with me she did not understand.

The point is like one of the other guys mentioned is not a life threatening illness. Would you trade it for having cancer, being badly burned etc.  It wont stop you from having relationships cus gyno is more a image thing feeling to fit in.  Where all born different no ones perfect and its just made worst by society saying we must be perfect.  Remember all the things that are great about your life family friends and try not to focus on thee negative. You do have the choice of saving up for surgery unlike other conditions people have for life.  Stay positive

Nathan london uk   

Offline Ronkelo

• Posting Member
Thanks for the support Dresta. Yes I know it aint the worst thing I could have or what could happen, but it still destroys my life piece by piece, it has already destroyed my youth. Im trying to feel positive as much as I can, but it just feels fake, coz inside I know I aint happy. There arent many great things in my life, of course I love my family with all my heart and I do have many good friends and a warm home. Thats pretty much it... My confidence is ultra low and it feels bad. Sometimes when I need to answer to a question in class I just turn red, because I dont like people looking at me, even for just a few secs because then they can maybe see my "problem". Its terrible. I have to pull my hoodie or jacket all the time so that it wouldnt show that much. Im sry if this the wrong section to open up, but this forum is the only place I feel I can tell anything and all my problems. I have and have had enough problems without my "biggest problem", one of my family members was a really bad drug user and used anything and got to jail a few times etc, thank god shes now okay and sober. My parent divorced at the worst point when I was like 13-years old and I was sometimes bullied at school for my "problem". And also I feel everything always goes against me. I was drinking a lot like one year a go and just a little time a go, but now I have stopped it because I realized it doesnt help my "problem" at all. If everybody else was okay with my problem, I wouldnt have a problem either, because its the laughing, bullying and things like that which have made this into a problem. Im glad Ive almoust always had a lot of friends, but few years a go I was still bullied really badly, but so was a few others. So I have had rough times even without this "problem". I would just want to feel happy again and looking into future it doesnt look bright at all.  :'(

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
To be honest your pics aren't that bad. I've seen way worse. Get your body fat in the teens and stay that way. You'll be surprised what results you'll get.

Offline srnd2012

• Silver Member
I agree with Jay in saying that I've seen much much worse. 

I've dealt with gyne since I was 14 and now I'm 30 and 4 months post op.  There certainly is light at the end of the tunnel.  I think you're doing the right thing in losing weight.  See how it looks after some weight loss and go from there.

Also I think you'd be very surprised how good you'll feel if you open up to your parents man.  Its seriously like a huge weight lifted on ones shoulders once someone else close to you is aware.  You said yourself you feel they would support you.  Maybe give it a shot.  good luck!

Cheers

Offline Ronkelo

• Posting Member
Thanks for answers guys! I will reduce my body fat and keep on dieting until Im at my normal weight and dont have a lot of fat. I just cant tell my parents atm, I dont have the courage to do it. They are the most loving and understanding parents you can think of, but its just me, I cant do it. I dont know why. If Im not happy after losing most of the fat and reducing my body weight down to under 95kg, I will try to tell my parents. Because then its the only solution, I hope losing weight atleast makes the situation that much better I can live until I can book and pay for the surgery myself. I think in the country Im living its under 300 euros for the procedure in the public hospitals which are atleast ranked in the top 10 of the world. At private hospitals its over 3000 euros, so thats not an option because I also want to start saving for my own apartment right after Im 18. Im still not sure if I can survive trough the summer beucase all of my friends will go around the country with cars (everybody is excited because they are turning 18 to get the driving licence). I will not go with them and thats a really hard decision because I can think of how fun it would be... Also its hard to come up with reasons why Im not coming with them. I think my friends will abandon me after this summer (atleast its possible) because I dont see them enough even though they ask me out like everyday. I know my situation might not be the worst (gynecomastia situation), but its enough to have destroyed my youth and self esteem so I think its a big problem. Do you guys think I should start bench pressing and doing other exercises when I get my bench and the "pole". Ive heard it can cause even bigger manboobs. But I think it might reduce the fat and tone the muscle?... Not sure, thanks for answers again!

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
and honestly, yours aren't that bad for the weight you were at mine were a bit larger and now I barely have any left.

Make sure you lift weights, do cardio and eat CLEAN.
I promise you will notice a big difference in 2 months.

Offline Ronkelo

• Posting Member
and honestly, yours aren't that bad for the weight you were at mine were a bit larger and now I barely have any left.

Make sure you lift weights, do cardio and eat CLEAN.
I promise you will notice a big difference in 2 months.

Oh man that reply made my day :). Its good to know it might be that the problem will go away or atleast ease with the diet and exercising. Thanks a lot for giving me positive mindset for atleast a while. Im committed to success to get back to my normal weight and live happy.

Ive eaten like this since saturday:
Breakfest: some quark with some oat brans and a banana.
Lunch: whatever there is in school, dont eat a lot, always half plate of vegetables or salad.
Dinner: 200-300grams of meat (low fat minced meat or usually chicken breast), 300grams of vegetables and a lot of some protein full thing litle like cottage cheese.
Evening snack: some quark with some oat brans and a banana.

Sometimes an apple during the day. Is this okay? I feel full most of the day, so it feels good. Is this lean enough? I will start to drink protein shake always after lifting weights. Just have to wait until the bench and everything is set in my home, because it will take more than one week. I think I should start walking 45minutes every other day. What do you guys think about this eating model?

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Looks good. It's all about calories. Count your calories and find out where you stabilize. Then you can pull back on the calories and lose weight. I like to do incline bench presses to focus on the upper chest. Your best friend is going to be cardio. Get on a treadmill or go to a park and jog everyday or as much as possible. In a few months you should be in good shape. I make my self love to run by looking at the good things. Freedom, getting in shape, stamina. So many reasons to run.

Offline rhyno18

• Bronze Member
Agree with the comments above.  It's not that bad at all, seen much worse.  I agree about working out, diet and exercise and changing how you feel about you.  I honestly think that based on your pics, your gynecomastia is a lot bigger issue to you than the people you interact with.  

Your posts sound like you are a bit uncomfortable with your body image as a whole.  Hopefully as you feel better about your overall weight, it'll minimize the psychological  impacts of your chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024