Author Topic: Idk if I have gyno  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Ads851991

If I have gyno will the surgery make my areolas smaller that is my main concern. Also what is the average full cost of a surgery? I live in ohio if it's state sensitive. 

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You have gynecomastia. Surgery will reduce the size of the areola.The analogy is similar to letting air out of a balloon the areolar tissue shrinks absent the pressure to expand following the resection of the underlying tissue..
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Ads851991

What's kind of a ball park cost? For a board certified surgery like full cost also. Of I have the brca 3 gene defect which gives women like an 85 percent chance of getting breast cancer would this tissue essentially have the same risks?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
Interesting question re brca3 gene. I am not aware of any correlation in the literature for gynecomastia. I also am not aware of any larger series of male breast cancer that would facilitate clarification on the subject. A friend of mine Raph Pollack is head of surgery at MD Anderson  I will give him a call and if I can find anything out that is significant I will let you know. Finally the absence of anything in the literature does not mean there is no correlation.
As far as cost call the respective office or offices you are interested in.

Offline Ads851991

Okay thanks also it is brca1 wrong number

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
my fingers fault
brca 1

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024