Author Topic: Surgery 3/19/14 after attempting Raloxifene  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
This is too much text to post on this discussion board, but I have created a [url]document on my google drive[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OliJfhi22E61uVwXsWqPjMQxAi2qV8ECPDVKwuQzNNQ/edit?usp=sharing/] which includes a description of my situation as well as progress photos from my surgery and my attempt at correcting gynecomastia using raloxifene.  Let me know if you have any comments or questions!  I had difficulty posting the hyperlink, so if you'd like to take a look, just copy and paste the url into your address bar.

Thanks,

Sven

Offline Mujassad

• Posting Member
Hey Sven,

thanks for sharing your experiences. IMHO there was some slight reduction in protrusion of the nipples from the meds but not near enough you'd want. I really do believe surgery is the only way to go and don't be discouraged by the swelling, it can take many months for it to completely settle down. In any case, it looks a lot better than before surgery indeed.

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Hey Sven,

thanks for sharing your experiences. IMHO there was some slight reduction in protrusion of the nipples from the meds but not near enough you'd want. I really do believe surgery is the only way to go and don't be discouraged by the swelling, it can take many months for it to completely settle down. In any case, it looks a lot better than before surgery indeed.

Mujassad,

I'm happy to share, I hope it can help someone!  Thanks for the feedback.  I did think I noticed a slight reduction from the Ralox.  As you said, however, it wasn't near the degree I desired.  I'm glad I tried though, it was an interesting self study.  I am now a firm believer that surgery is the only option unless the gynecomastia is caught within the first 3-6 months of development.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I am trying not to let the swelling bother me, as I know I haven't allowed enough time for it to heal. I will evaluate after three months have passed.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:46:10 PM by Sven »

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
I have updated my google drive with my 16 week post surgery photos - if anyone is interested in looking, just copy and past the link inside the brackets to your address bar.
[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OliJfhi22E61uVwXsWqPjMQxAi2qV8ECPDVKwuQzNNQ/edit?usp=sharing/]

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
I am now at 25 weeks post op and finally figured out how to post pictures!

First picture is the day of surgery, just before going in.  Second picture is from yesterday (25 weeks post op).

I am happy with the results, although the left side still has a tiny bit of puffiness (possibly there is still some healing left to take place).

If you are interested, I have more pictures and my story on my google drive - linked below (must copy and past URL from within brackets)

[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OliJfhi22E61uVwXsWqPjMQxAi2qV8ECPDVKwuQzNNQ/edit?usp=sharing/]

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member
Very interesting info man, thanks a lot for all the effort.

Offline Sven

• Posting Member
Very interesting info man, thanks a lot for all the effort.

You're welcome.  It was an interesting process - glad it's over with though.

Offline tylerhen

• Posting Member
looks great man.  Congratulations!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024