Author Topic: Erect prominent nipples 1 year post surgery, revision or nipple reduction?  (Read 4396 times)

Offline Joe S

Greetings, 1 year ago I had gynecomastia surgery at advanced cosmetic surgeons in NYC. At first I was pleased with my results hoping to wear a fitted white t shirt. Now, I suffer from prominent, erect nipples.  My nipples are always hard, extend outward and it seems worse than before. I am not sure if I need a revision or nipple reduction surgery. My doctor suggested nipple reduction surgery. My right side is slight itchy at times which leads me to believe excess, residual glandular tissue. Although my chest is flat, the protruding nipples and extended Areola drive me crazy and make me more self conscious than before. I will try to upload photos. I am 39 YOA. Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:56:54 AM by Joe S »

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
there are two issues the first is nipple projection and the second is what you call "extended areola". The nipple height can be reduced in a secondary procedure.I am not sure what you are referring to as extended areola.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Joe S

Thank you for your response doctor. The circumference of the areola is fine. I am referring to the nipple itself and how it protrudes, projects outward. The height and length of the nipple is bothersome and tends to point downward cone shaped. Originally, I had hoped for my chest and nipple to be flat and not so prominent. If you examine my profile pictures, you can see the height of the nipple extends almost 1/2 of an inch. It is very uncomfortable and noticeable. When I'm working out, the nipple gets erect and looks much worse through clothing. The back of the nipple feels empty almost hollow when I press it back into my chest; and when the nipple is not erect, it's pointing downward. I don't know what to think and I'm am not sure why this is happening.
     This secondary procedure, would this require a nipple reduction or an actual revision? Thank you again, Joe.  
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:21:26 PM by Joe S »

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
If the issue as I understand it is exclusively nipple height then the treatment is reduction of the nipple height.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with Dr. Pensler.  If it is only the nipple height that bothers you, then a nipple reduction would be the answer.   If you feel there is residual tissue on your chest, then either return to your surgeon or get another surgical opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Joe S

Thank you again doctors. Dr. Jacobs, we need you back in Larchmont. Wish you never left!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024