Author Topic: puffy nipples surgery  (Read 2291 times)

Offline tonym123

i went to a surgeon today cause i have puffy nipples.i got them from roids but there is no lump under them,also my nipples are looking downwards and to the sides.he said that the only thing he can do for me is cut my nipples a little bit but not reduce the pointiness of the entire aerola,he didnt even consider the breast lifting cause he said that he would have to cut me open from near the armpit all the way to the nipple and the scars would be huge.should i go for it with him or should i find someone else??

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It sure doesn't sound like he does a lot of gyne surgery.  Both of his ideas do not hold water for me.

Would suggest you get a second opinion from an experienced gyne surgeon in your area.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I would tend to agree with Dr. Jacobs. Typically steroids result in proliferation of glandular tissue. A photo would be useful as well.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline tonym123

thanks for replying.i dont have a pic at the moment.yesterday i talked with another doc and he said he would do liposuction and donut lift cause i dont have enlarged breast tissue.my question is this,if i dont have breast tissue and its progesterone gyno (witch is more likely cause i got it from trenbolone)what is pushing my nipples out??i have 19% body fat but i always had that and no gyno.also its been a long time since i got it and i stopped the roids as soon as it started. i am asking here cause he said that the the roid gyno he has treated so far was with hard lumps and mine looks more like pseudogynecomastia.also when i raise my hands my nipples become normal.if it is indeed just fat i'll have the donut lift and lose the fat on my own.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sometimes breast tissue is soft -- physical exams can sometimes not be definitive.

If you never had puffy nipples and then developed then after taking steroids, then it is likely that you now have some breast tissue under the nipples, whether it feels like a hard lump or not!

I very rarely do a donut lift -- the potential for large, irregular scars around the entire areola are considerable.

I would very strongly suggest that a) post some pictures of yourself, and b) invest in a second opinion by an experienced gyne surgeon in your area.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024