Author Topic: So I got gyno....[27, 6'0, 270lbs]  (Read 4422 times)

Offline Danny_Boy

• Posting Member
I'm pretty sure I have gyno and never really took it too serious until now as I'm trying to lose weight again. Even in the past when I lost weight I don't remember any change in my chest area. I plan to see a doctor on what options I have to combat it.

First picture is pulled back shoulders while the other is shoulders relaxed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:54:02 PM by Danny_Boy »

Offline sofa

• Bronze Member
I would say you have it..

hammer

No bout a doubt it, you have gynecomastia, welcome to the men's breast club! The club the no man really wants to be a member!

Some of us have had these so long we no longer care and have learn to live with them, while others go for surgery as soon as possible, and yet there are some that wait.  You never made much of a big deal of yours before it sounds like. Your options are open and yours to decide.

Welcome to the forum!

Bob

Offline Danny_Boy

• Posting Member
Well, I've always been embarrassed to remove my shirt. In middle school, I would turn my back so no one could see or change shirts as fast as I could. I don't take my shirt off when I swim nor do I swim often to begin with and don't like changing in front of strangers.
I'd like surgery to be a final option but could possibly be the only option. I heard pills can work but also not work. Guess that all depends on the person. Well, thank you for the support, sir! :)

hammer

Pills DO NOT WORK! Surgery is your only option to get rid of them!

Depending on where you live the cost here in the states run $3000.00 on up and insurance usually does not cover it. The main thing you need to do is find a very experienced surgeon with gynecomastia or you could end up looking worse then you did with having breast. We have far to many young men here on the forum that are very unhappy after surgery, however, we also have some very good doctors here as well!

I'm one of the older men that have had breast all my life, served in the military, fathered 5 kids now have grand kids and owned a business all while having breast. Due to health problems they are now 46H bra size and I've learn to live with that and my wife family and friends support me.

BTW, call me Bob, not sir!

Offline Danny_Boy

• Posting Member
I do live in the states. Dallas, Texas area and I saw some featured doctors on the sidebar in the Dallas area. I was aware surgery is the sure way to get rid of them just the usually question of can I afford it always comes up. And thanks again, Bob.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
May I also welcome you to the forum.  You are amongst brethren, all of whom share the same problem that you have.

Yes, you have gyne and you are overweight as well.  Obviously, losing weight would be helpful to your general health -- but it will only minimally improve your chest.  Once you have lost as much weight as feasible, it is best to consult with an experienced gyne surgeon in your area to assess what can be done.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Danny_Boy

• Posting Member
Yeah that would be my best plan of action. Continue my diet as best I can, lose the weight/reach my weight goal and then go for the surgery. Thanks for the advice, Doc. :)

TomJones

Welcome to the forum.
It is your decision and yours alone to have surgery or not.
Recommendations either way are just that; recommendations.
If having gynecomastia is ruining your self image, by all means have the surgery and get on with your life.

The question I have is if it has not bothered you in the past, why now?

Tom

Offline Danny_Boy

• Posting Member
Thank you for the welcomes.
I feel like its always bothered me I just ignored it or did not want to come to terms with it. I feel its the reason my self esteem is low and I've been so unconfident about myself my whole life. I only busted my ass off once to lose weight and that was when I was 17-18 and thought maybe I wasn't dieting or exercising correctly to lose my chest. Of course I gained that weight back between then and now. Until recently, I really researched dieting, exercising and gynecomastia and how its a serious self image issue among many men. I'm glad to hear that there are people accepting and understanding of this issue and that I'm not alone. Thanks you all for your support and understanding. :)

Offline jakewardell

• Posting Member
A couple of years ago I was in a similar position to you. I was around 280 lbs and got down to 180 lbs - 190 lbs in the vague hope that the gynecomastia would disappear but it didn't.

It improved but it was blatantly obvious it was still there.

My advice would be to work hard on the diet and exercise front and save hard so you can have the surgery when you're nearer your target weight.

You'll look like a different person before you know it!

Good luck  :)

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
Great advice from Jake.
Go for it son!

Offline Danny_Boy

• Posting Member
Thank you for the encouragement and it sounds like the best route to go. Gotta dig deep and find my motivation!

Offline jakewardell

• Posting Member
Slow and steady wins the race here.

Don't try a crazy exercise and diet routine in the hope you'll shift half a stone a week.

Shoot for 1 lbs - 2 lbs a week by eating healthier (you don't have to be religiously strict) and exercising as much as you can and you'll be done inside 12 months without feeling as though you've sacrificed all fun  :)

Offline ducky

• Posting Member
Hi there,

Did your chest always look this way or did it get more pronounced as you gained weight? Or did you gyne seem to grow in a way that wasnt related to fat gain?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024