Author Topic: Should I be worried  (Read 4171 times)

Offline naver

• Posting Member
It's been almost a month since I had the surgery and it's just not looking right. I had surgery on the 10th of august. I went to see the surgeon on the 30th to have the stitches taken of and he said it's all just swelling and that I should wear the compression vest for 3 more weeks. But i'm still really worried. The left side goes inward slightly and is sort of drooping and the right looks like there wasn't enough taken out and on the top half it looks like there is a spot were too much was taken of. The swelling isn't going down evenly, if it is swelling at all and not fat.
Quite frankly it looks like two diferent surgeons worked seperately on each side, which is quite possible. I was under the impression that one surgeon was going to be doing the operation and instead I woke up to find out that it was the head plastic surgeon at the hospital instead. I asked if everything went as planned and they said there were no problems. argh!
I think I still prefer this over what I had, at least I can wear a tshirt now.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9325/09lh.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4005/19aq1.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/6360/23kr.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/8770/38iz.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9550/47xs.jpg

Tell me what you think.

edit: oh and also, I never had puffy nips, mostly just fat.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:54:16 AM by naver »

Offline naver

• Posting Member
Come on people, 157 views and not a single reply

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
naver....

What exactly did you have done? Looks like you had excision only and no Liposuction. You need to have both proceedures done to get a flat chest. I cannot see any Lipo incisions in your pics.

Your PS told you that you still have swelling. Me thinks he is yanking your chain my man  :o....   Looks to me that all swelling is gone. You still have considerable fatty tissue remaining. U'll need a revision for sure. What is your Plastic Surgeon's name?

I have the same 'folded in areola' as you on my LHS but not as severe.

Do you have any 'Before' pics posted?

John.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 02:34:13 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline naver

• Posting Member
Actually, my chest was at least 2.5 times larger before the op. So I'm fairly sure I had lipo done, in fact I had almost no tissue according to my endo(hence no puffy nips). It was very noticable before with a tshirt but now not so much.
And no I don't have any before pics.
The surgeon was a Dr. Oscar Herman at Wolfson Hospital in Israel

edit: I'm fairly sure that lipo is done through the existing incision most of the time, why would there be any more incisions other than the ones under the areola.

edit2: I don't know if I can have revision surgery, even if the amount of fat I have on my chest stays the same, it is fairly proportionate to my body size, not like before. I am ~25 pounds overweight. If the surgeon doesn't agree to do it for free, I can't pay for it. It was covered by my insurance before but now they would see it as purely cosmetic.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 04:50:14 AM by naver »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Actually, my chest was at least 2.5 times larger before the op. It was very noticable before with a tshirt but now not so much.

Well it sounds like you are satisfied with the results and wearing a t-shirt is more manageable for you now. Excellent! This is what most of us aim for.

edit: I'm fairly sure that lipo is done through the existing incision most of the time, why would there be any more incisions other than the ones under the areola.

If you look at my pics, you can clearly see that JCF made his Lipo incisions at the sides of my chest. But then, not all PS's have the same technique.

edit2: I don't know if I can have revision surgery, even if the amount of fat I have on my chest stays the same, it is fairly proportionate to my body size, not like before. I am ~25 pounds overweight. If the surgeon doesn't agree to do it for free, I can't pay for it. It was covered by my insurance before but now they would see it as purely cosmetic.

You say your entire surgery was covered by your insurance carrier and you're "fairly sure" that Lipo was done. Did your PS not tell you exactly what he was going to do to you? And to have a 'revision' to have Lipo done would be out of the question as your ins. carrier would consider it as cosmetic.... Dude, that just doesn't jive! If your ins. co. will not cover Lipo during a 'revision', then what makes you think that they would pay out for Lipo the first time round. You know what I am saying here Dude?

Personally, I don't think that you had Lipo. If the PS did perform Lipo, he did not do a very good job. I would not be satisfied with the results that you have achived. But then, that is just my opinion Dude!

If you are happy with your chest the way it is, then that's great! All that matters is that U feel comfortable in your own skin!!!

John.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:46:13 AM by Bambu »

Offline naver

• Posting Member
If the size stays the same, I will be perfectly happy, the current size is proportionate to my body weight. If I lose the extra weight, I expect the fat onm y chest would also go away. The only thing thats bothering me, is that my left and right side look different. If my left side becomes a more natural form and starts looking like my right, I will be perfectly happy. I am not asking for a perfectly flat chest, I just want it to look proportionate to my body weight.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024