Author Topic: Healing Ridge questions  (Read 2607 times)

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
I’m about 10 weeks out and one side is picture perfect. The other side seems to, over the last number of weeks, been plagued by what has been termed the ‘healing ridge’.  The top half is fine, but the bottom half seems rigid and is not letting the skin tighten there tighten, creating a ‘bulge’ on the lower have that is distorting things.  I’ll post some pictures a little later on today, but a couple of questions:

1.   How often does this dissipate and things ‘settle down’ and flatten out. Around when can I expect this to happen?
2.   Is there anything, aside from direct massage, that I can do to encourage this to happen a little faster.
3.   With massage, what is the best way to encourage softening- is it massaging the scar along its length or is my goal to massage it widthwise (with the aim to get it to spread out and thin out).

Thanks!

Offline macman213

• Bronze Member
Here is a pic that describes what I'm talking about

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are invariably small bumps on the road to recovery. The more extensive the resections the more likely small bumps will occur. The overwhelming majority of these problems resolve on their own. In normal wound healing after surgery scar formation increases for the first month then slowly begins to resolve. Activity level and massage can alter the rate of resolution. Even in cases where there is incomplete resolution of a problem there is typically substantial improvement with time.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024