Author Topic: Liposuction - bad results?  (Read 3150 times)

Offline samsonite

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

It's been almost 3 weeks since my lipo procedure, and frankly, I'm disappointed with the results. My case was mild in the beginning, a little bit of tissue and according to doc its "relatively soft" so we ended up on lipo (100ml was sucked out off each side). But it's still visible and bothering me a lot (sorry i dont have pre-op pics). It is a bit better than it was, but not a whole lot, and it's visible as you can see. But is it too early to say anything at this point? The bruises are pretty much gone, and I dont think there's any major swelling. I'll let you guys be the judges  :).

With shirt on pretty noticeable

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

I had both lipo and gland removal on my chest as well as lipo on my stomach and sides and I'm about 2 months post op and I had several sessions of endermologie and I'm still swollen.  I have been told that I'll see the final results in about 6 months post op time frame.

But from what I see now from your 'post-op' shots, I believe, there's some glands there. 

Did you get a second or third opinion when this surgeon told you that all you need is lipo?

Good luck,
---Bobby

Offline samsonite

• Posting Member
No I didn't.. I wish i had asked  :-\ I have a checkup in couple weeks, so we'll see what they say.. thank f*** for free healthcare ;D Any ideas, if we decide to go with excision, is any recovery needed from the first procedure before it can be done?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Still much too early in the healing process to draw any conclusions.  However, most members of this forum and the vast majority of the consulting surgeons agree that lipo plus gland excision  is required for most gyne operations.

If, after appropriate healing (ie 4-6 months), there is still residual tissue, then consider returning to your surgeon for additional surgery or possibly get a second opinion from a gyne expert.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline samsonite

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply doc. And yeah, I thought so too, but after seeing some good results with lipo here I thought is there something wrong with mine. I guess the results and healing are individual things..

Oh yes and the nurse did tell me it didnt come out easily but they got it all out. I used to clearly feel the gland there, but it certainly doesn't seem to be there anymore. So is there a chance it could be just swelling/fluid/regular fat or whatever?

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Thanks for the reply doc. And yeah, I thought so too, but after seeing some good results with lipo here I thought is there something wrong with mine. I guess the results and healing are individual things..

Oh yes and the nurse did tell me it didnt come out easily but they got it all out. I used to clearly feel the gland there, but it certainly doesn't seem to be there anymore. So is there a chance it could be just swelling/fluid/regular fat or whatever?

Form what I've heard, only fat can be removed by liposuction.  There's a technique that uses a special tool that shaves the gland to be removed via liposuction incision. But still, that's not liposuction.

If I were you, I would wait 6 months and then decide if I'm going for a revision.

Good luck!
---Bobby
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:52:16 PM by Bobby - LAgyne »

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Many guys will feel and examine their chest and try to discern if they have fat or gland.  Unfortunately, non-physician hands really can't tell too much -- especially since many times gland may be soft and fat may be firm.  Even my hands are not correct all the time.  In truth, one only knows how much gland or fat is present when the operation is being done.

Recommend you just wait it out and then speak to your surgeon as a first step.

Dr Jacobs

Offline samsonite

• Posting Member
The technique/method that was used is called VAL. No idea what it means though.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It could be vaser liposuction.  Part of the technology uses ultrasonic sound to break up fat.  Unfortunately, it has no effect on breast tissue.

Dr Jacobs

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
damn, i'd sue, that still looks bad

i don't think it'll change that much, like, i just got my surgery done and it looks perfect right now,

people always say like oh wait for the healing process, if your nipples are pointing through right now, they most likely will after healing is done, even worse maybe with scar tissue build up

you can clearly tell theres still gland, if its poking thorugh like that

that's exactly what mine looked like before i got the surgery done

Offline samsonite

• Posting Member
Wow.. Well I got the checkup soon so we'll see, and yes, the outcome is not good in my opinion either. We'll see what the doc says and go from there. I hope I can get an excision asap  :) Which leads to my next question.. IF i get the excision, how much recovery I need from this lipo first? And I rather do it asap than wait 4-6 months, i think we all can agree that clearly it wont get at least majorly better :-\

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would very strongly suggest you wait 4-6 months to give everything a chance to heal -- it is possible that things may settle down to your liking.  But if not, you still need that same time frame in order to heal -- those tissues are still evolving.  Surgery at an earlier stage would be like trying to shoot a moving target -- things are changing.  And if you do consider a revision, you want to give it the best possible shot.

I know it is hard to accept, but patience here will be to your benefit.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024