Author Topic: Is this called pseudo gyno?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Oelap

Hi,

i'm now almost 30 yo and i've had these man boobs since i was a teenager. My weight has changed a lot in past years, but my chest area has always looked the same. My current weight is 175 lb and height is 6 ft. Few years ago i met a doctor (because another problem) and asked about my chest fat. We both didn't say anything about gynecomastia, but he said that i cannot get rid of my chest fat with exercise.

What do you think? I would like to get rid of these boobs. Is  liposuction the option? I don't have  that hard fat tissue in my nipple area, but my nipple area gets sometimes more triangle shape than in these pictures.

Thanks!   

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
May I suggest that you read some information about this that I posted on this forum.  It is in the doctor's section.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Some people, including some medical professionals, separate Gynecomastia into two types.  One type is called true Gynecomastia and supposedly consists of glandular tissue.  The other type is called Pseudo Gynecomastia and supposedly consists of fatty tissue.   

For our purposes here, any surplus of tissue in the breasts of a male is referred to as Gynecomastia.   We do not try to distinguish between fatty or glandular tissue. Actually we have heard from skilled surgeons who have told us that it is not possible to reliably tell what sort of tissue is present.   The usual finding after surgery is that there is both glandular tissue and fatty tisssue.   

Accordingly, the term: "Pseudo Gynecomastia" is not used here.

In any case, the only effective treatment is surgery and even the surgeon will not know how much of each type of tissue there is until the procedure is done.

There are a good number of men who simply ignore the condition. 
Grandpa Dan

hammer

There are a good number of men who simply ignore the condition. 

Ignor what?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Well Bob,

They ignore it so well that I have no idea what you are talking about.

hammer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024