Author Topic: Man boob's have destroyed my life  (Read 2725 times)

Offline down-with-moobs

Man boob's have destroyed my life, my confidence and my self esteem. They've been there since i was about 14 and have been on my mind every day since. Man i figured i'd write a list of what they've done to me
1. destroyed my self confidence and self esteem
2. ruined my body image
3. given me terrible posture
4. have to wear extra large clothing so i don't like like a moron
5. between my lightest at 75kg and heaviest at 95kg, they did not shrink one bit in size, which is very demoralizing now im at 80kg after going back up to 90 but it looks like nothing has has changed for me which makes it hard for me to stay on track, as the more my body looks better those pair of breasts just stay there which man makes me so angry
I know it simply isn't just fat but actual breast tissue, i reckon i'd lose like a kilo after the surgery
6. im so embarassed i find it hard to work especially uniforms as man they just stick out
i could go on and on and on, but in a nutshell they've really ruined my life for a very long time. Luckily however i am going to get the surgery, i've found a very skilled surgeon near Sydney who offer's the specific operation cheaper as he sympathizes with men and the condition.
so im hoping either medicare will cover the cost due to the debilitating effect's it's had on my mental health or i will be able to use my superannuation to pay for it otherwise well it look's like i will have to get a loan.
I cannot wait until the day these bastards are gone, im already happier knowing there gonna be cut out at least some time this year. 
thanks for reading my rant

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I will be 78 years old tomorrow and I have had the condition since early puberty.  The difference is that surgery was not a good option when I was young enough to be really concerned.  You are fortunate to live at a time when surgery is not only safe, but (with a good surgeon) reliable and effective. 
Other things are also better now.  Today there is a variety of compression garments that will help conceal the problem, those garments are also a recent innovation. Today there are sites like this so men cam come together and share their experiences;  We suffered alone in the past, thinking we were odd.  At least today the  condition is more widely known and we know that it is really quite common. There is some comfort just in knowing that we are not alone. 
Hopefully all goes well for you, meanwhile feel free to vent your feelings anytime as we understand.
Welcome to the site. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Your Friend

• Posting Member
Hello Dear,
don't  worry about these, go for surgery as soon. i promise you, u will be happy with the result it will turn into your new life. after so many discussion finally i decided  for surgery. i am fully satisfied now. it was my black days. feel like i born recently. now i started wearing all my body fit dresses. feel like am very young man. of course am 27 but all my dress size was XXL. so be cool go for surgery,. all the best my dear cheeeeers.

Offline down-with-moobs

Thanks for the kind word's guys. I like this site as it seem's particularly harder as men to talk about these issues

Offline fairviewL

• Posting Member
Really I would suggest some counseling before surgery. Allowing or blaming one thing to have such an adverse effect on your life is not good. I'm not implying it hasn't but what if you had surgery and then you discovered something else moved into the reason your life sucks. 
If corrective surgery is going to give you a balanced lifeagain, it is money well spent. On the other hand if there is something under this that will take its place it's good money being spent after bad.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There was a time when I would have recommended either a Counselor, an Endocrinologist, or both prior to consulting with a Surgeon.   Realistically if the condition has stabilized and is unchanged for two years there is no need for an Endocrinologist.  
Most competent Surgeons will talk to a patient long enough to know if the condition is stable and if the person's expectations are realistic.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024