Author Topic: fixing crater left from surgery  (Read 2892 times)

Offline danny0000234

• Posting Member
I had surgery 2 years ago and was left with a slight crater under and around the nipple. It is not that bad as to require surgery again, although I am looking into fat grafts, or Injections with a filler.
However, my main question is; is it possible to re-model the fat cells, and scar tissue in the area through massage, to fill in the indentation?
There Is still fat tissue and scar tissue under the nipple,  I was just wondering if it was possible to shape this tissue over time with vigorous massage?
I do remember reading something on the topic a while back, but have not been able to find any information since.
Any feedback would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If indeed you have a crater, then no amount of massage or wishful thinking will make it better.  It would require revision surgery to improve it.  Sometimes fat grafting will work; other times fat flaps are the answer.  Only a consultation with a gyne expert in your area can answer for sure.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline danny0000234

• Posting Member
thanks, what are your thoughts on a synthetic filler?
its only a slight depression, so it wouldn't take much to fix I wouldn't think. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm could possibly work -- but since they only come in 1cc syrings, it would take 5-10 syringes even for the smallest crater -- and it is very expensive.  And then, it would have to be repeated every year or so because these fillers tend to dissipate.  Definitely not worth it.

Dr Jacobs

Offline isambard

• Bronze Member
Curious to know if you went for synthetic fillers or other options to resolve your craters. Thanks 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024