Author Topic: Disappointed with results......now what?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Us295352

I'm a 46 year old white male who had gynecomastia surgery in early February of 2015.  I had liposuction, breast tissue removal and a crescent lift on the left side.  The doctor fitted me with a compression garment that was too short for my chest wall for about the first 2 weeks.  I am very unhappy with the indentation and budge on my left side.  I was initially told by my doctor that he could re-drape the area but, now he's saying to do an excise skin removal.  I do not want the associated scars.  He seems very frustrated and I feel like I'm getting a runaround in answers.  Any advice is appreciated.  

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Just from this one photo, it appears that you have a crater deformity on your left side as well as residual fat tissue on the lateral chest (both sides).  What is good, though, is that you appear to have residual tissue above and below the crater deformity.  This would provide tissue which could be used as fat flaps to fill in the crater deformity and, to a certain extent, deal with the excess remaining skin.

You should discuss this with your surgeon or perhaps consider consulting a gyne expert in your area for a second opinion.   This should be able to be made better.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I agree with Dr. Pensler. You need to check with your surgeon and use someone who is confident they can correct the problem.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024