Author Topic: Is this Gyno ?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline canadian55

• Posting Member
Hey All,

First want to thank everyone and the website as this has been a major source of support. I have dealt with what I believe to be Gyno since around 12 or 13.

I am a 27 y/o, 6' and 170 lbs. Over the years it seems its changed in one way or another with weight loss/gain but, to me, it is and has always been there and affected me more than I initially realized.

My girlfriend (and past ones) have never commented and people have told me they don't notice anything but to me it has ALWAYS been an issue.

Recently a plastic surgeon said based on his assessment he sees a small amount of gland and mostly fat. My question is

How can I have such a fatty chest for all these years while being in relatively good shape?

Is this gyno, if so how bad is it?

Thanks guys

Offline moving_on

• Posting Member
Short answer: Is it gyno? Pseudo gynecomastia, probably.  How bad is it? That's up to you. To me (someone that has been actively spotting it for a decade) it looks like it's there, but a small case. We have similar stats (6' and 175lbs right now) and you seem to have a more rounded and natural appearance, whereas, I had a more pointy look. I don't think it looks that bad or noticeable.
Extra: To me, it looks like there is some extra bit to your lower chest and the diameter of your areola seems a little large.  The second picture seems to show it off more. You can see the curve of your pectoral muscle then it droops down some where, I'm guessing, the fatty spot is. You may have pseudo gynecomastia, but probably more fat than gland. If that is the case, then maybe going a bit leaner could help reduce it. I'm sure you know we can't target weight loss in a certain area and we all have spots that are stubborn when it comes to getting rid of the fat, so best way is just work on lowering our overall body fat %.  Can't notice it in the first and third pic, the second shows a hint of it. I don't think it is to most people, but to people like me who look for that (can't help it) we may notice it. The pictures and lighting can always show it off more or less, so we may not see what you see.
My story and being post-op 12 months now (w/pics)
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31215.0

Offline bizzle05

you store most of your fat in the chest diet down to 10 percent body fat and it will go, its not glandular in my opinion.

Offline canadian55

• Posting Member
Thanks for the feedback and tips. 

If I go ahead with the surgery, a PS has recommended I also address droopy nipples which seem to sit lower on my chest. Would a donut mastopexy or other lifting/tightning procedure be advised here. Feedback from a PS would be appreciated. 

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I would not recommend any type of mastopexy procedure to elevate your nipple/areolas.  You appear to have a mild case of gynecomastia - most likely breast tissue or "gland" right behind the nipple/areolas.  Chances are that once that tissue is removed, the areolar diameters will decrease too.  But the position of your areolas on your chest wall is fine - I would not try to elevate them.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline canadian55

• Posting Member
Dr. Pope - thank you very much for your reply, your feedback was very helpful. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024