Author Topic: Breast size changes and losing weight  (Read 6507 times)

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I've been working on losing weight, at least over this holiday season I have overall lost weight, not gained, my dietician at the VA says that the average is to gain 10-15 lbs over the holidays and I haven't, actually lost around 5 lbs overall since Oct 1.  
But what I have noticed is my breast size hasn't really changed.  My bra band is getting a little smaller (going to inner clasp not outer on some bras), but the cups are still just as filled.  I have gone down 2 pant sizes and tightened my belt down 5 holes.  So yes, thinner, but up top, not really.
Is this expected or is breast tissue one of the last to "go", or am I more or less stuck with it?

aboywithgirls

It's so ironic. My wife  complains that anytime she loses weight, she loses it in her breasts first. I recently lost 40 lbs and I went down a band size and up a cup size.  Actually stayed the same cup "size" just went up a letter because of sister  sizing. 

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I have 4 38D bras that a couple fit, couple don't.  My 40C's some are just perfect, some are on the inner clasp.  But 6 months ago, no 38D fit.  I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get outside and walk more again.  I was doing 3 miles a day at lunch and it really was working, but now that it is icy out I haven't  (and was sick all last week)

hammer

I'm in the "move" program at the VA here Bman, and finally am starting to drop the weight again with the low carb diet! I'm down 20+ since my highest point last summer.

My bras were pinching me, and I think I said something about that in one of my posts even with using an expander, but now they feel great again and I'm back to wearing them everyday, without the expander morning till bed time! I don't sleep in a bra.

I'm seeing the weight loss from bottom up. I'm one of those kind with no butt, but I had the fat between my legs, and that's gone now! I've got the 2 bellies with the belt line in between, so I'm praying they go next! I would love to lose that bottom belly even before the boobs, as that how much I've hated that 2 belly look! 

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I'm in the MOVE program also only via telephone because the appts were when I was at work and couldn’t attend. But I do meet with the dietitian monthly to talk about it. I still am at a plateau since Oct but at least leaning the right way on the scale measurements. 
Congrats on 20+! I probably have lost the same since last Jan. Just frustrating I try so hard and see hardly any results 

I don’t care where I lose it as long as I do....

Offline 46bboobs

• Silver Member
Last time I lost weight, my boobs got bigger at the same time.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I am not really sure they get larger with weight loss but sometimes the stretched skin is less elastic so with the loss of weight the breasts become more pendulous an therefore more noticeable.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I'd still rather be lighter and have the boobs than heavy and have the boobs....

Losing weight is my #1 priority...

I am not really sure they get larger with weight loss but sometimes the stretched skin is less elastic so with the loss of weight the breasts become more pendulous an therefore more noticeable.

hammer

I'd still rather be lighter and have the boobs than heavy and have the boobs....

I'm with Bman here! I don't really like having breast, but I've learned to live with them and I'll not go through unnecessary surgeries either! Losing the weight is healthy, the breast have no effect on our health.

As for getting bigger after weight loss, I think Paa_Paw has a point here. Their not getting bigger, the rest of the area around them is getting smaller making them more noticeable!

aboywithgirls

I'm with Bman here! I don't really like having breast, but I've learned to live with them and I'll not go through unnecessary surgeries either! Losing the weight is healthy, the breast have no effect on our health.

As for getting bigger after weight loss, I think Paa_Paw has a point here. Their not getting bigger, the rest of the area around them is getting smaller making them more noticeable!

Perfectly stated Hammer! 

We often think of breasts as extra fat and we think that if we burn off our fat, the Breast will be gone. However, what we have  are mammary glands that have been exposed to a great amount of estrogen for one reason or another which transforms our male breast to a female appearing breast. 

hammer

The other thing to keep in mind, is what fat that we have in the breast area is the last place we will lose fat when dieting!

Offline TigerPaws

Loosing weight is always a worthy goal, depending on your weight relative to your size the amount you loose may or may not help with your breast size. If your breast gland is well developed then no you will not see a large reduction is size. In fact you might actually look larger as your breasts will be more appearant.

Breasts are made of the Breast Gland and Aptos fat deposits, if your breasts are well developed then your body will loose those fat deposits last because nature thinks that you will need to produce milk someday.

Like it or not if and I say if your breast gland is well developed and your breasts have a natural fullness then it is unlikely that you will notice a big change. And as I said you may actually feel and look larger with more projection after loosing weight.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
No matter what I am going for weight loss, I will deal with the consequences if they look larger.  Can't help it, I have to lose weight....  
Anyone have any good tips that work?
I don't drink calories is one
Watching salt (hard to avoid)
Eating 2 eggs every morning and a hearty salad for lunch every day.  And no snacking.  But still been more of less stuck for a while, but I didn't gain over the holidays and a long 3000 mile trip.  So I guess I am doing ok, and I am down 20-22 lbs over 1 year aqo.  But I REALLY want to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year.  REALLY bad....

Offline TigerPaws

No matter what I am going for weight loss, I will deal with the consequences if they look larger.  Can't help it, I have to lose weight....  
Anyone have any good tips that work?
I don't drink calories is one
Watching salt (hard to avoid)
Eating 2 eggs every morning and a hearty salad for lunch every day.  And no snacking.  But still been more of less stuck for a while, but I didn't gain over the holidays and a long 3000 mile trip.  So I guess I am doing ok, and I am down 20-22 lbs over 1 year aqo.  But I REALLY want to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year.  REALLY bad....
There is a reason diet is spelled DIE-T because eating is easy, not eating is difficult. Best advise, eat the least amount you must have to function and fast walk a couple of miles a day.

100% guarantee that if you eat quality natural foods, cut out all refined sugar, drink water and nothing else and fast walk every day you will loose weight.

Just how long does it take to work off those calories?

How to find your perfect weight

hammer

I wish I could walk to the end of my driveway!

Changing the way I eat, eating right is easier for me then taking the walk, believe it or not!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024