Author Topic: do I have Gynecomastia ???  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Anthony_James

do I she gynecomastia?? I have the rubbery mass in my nipples.I am a 16 year old male that weighs 125 lbs. and I'm 5'8 in height. I've been insecure about my chest ever since I can remember. I will never take my shirt off bc I'm afraid of people laughing and ridiculing me. I used to get bullied bc of this in middle school when we had to change in lockers. I used to be really fat when I was a kid but I lost all the weight and slimmed down around mid 7th grade. The only thing is my chest never slimmed down. I've asked my doctor (pediatrician) about this but she says I don't have it. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, your pediatrician is wrong -- you do have a mild case of gynecomastia.
Gyne on a young, healthy, active male can be emotionally difficult.  And if you have had it for two years or more, then more than likely you will not out-grow it and you cannot exercise it away either.  The only way to permanently remove it is surgery.
Many parents and even many pediatricians urge a youngster to "wait it out" until they turn the magical age of 18, when everything in your life suddenly and magically is made perfect -- overnight!!!.  Sorry, nope, it doesn't happen.  You will have spent many more years waiting in vain for something that simply will not happen.

I have operated on hundreds of young men like you and to date, absolutely none have had a recurrence and virtually 100% have stated that their lives have dramatically changed for the better.

I would therefore recommend that you speak seriously with your parents and then visit a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who has demonstrated interest and expertise in gynecomastia surgery.  The opinion of the surgeon will be invaluable to you.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
It looks like you probably have it from you photo. Pediatricians as a group are generally very conservative. Time for your to visit a surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024