Author Topic: Who has had surgery recently, or is having surgery soon?  (Read 3791 times)

Offline gynoguy25

• Posting Member
Guys, my life is about to change and I can't express how excited I am. I've been reading this forum for years and have posted once. Time to break the silence.. surgery is in less than 3 days! I'm making the 6 hour drive to Atlanta on Thursday, appointment with Dr. Jeffords at 4, then surgery Friday morning at 7:30! I've never had any kind of surgery before but I'm surprisingly not nervous... yet. I'm sure by Thursday afternoon the nerves will start hitting me. Right now, the only thing making me nervous is the thought of getting an IV and the anesthesia. Never had either before so I'm a little nervous about it. I can not wait to get this over with and start being happy with my body. I'm 25 years old and have a pretty severe case. I'm going to take some pictures tomorrow afternoon, then some more a few days after surgery. I will share those here sometime next week.. maybe on Monday. So, who else is having surgery soon or has had it recently? Would like some people I can talk to about what's going on, as well as sharing each others stories and maybe pictures. Wish me luck guys!

Offline 2526d

• Posting Member
I had surgery about 1.5 months ago, first ever surgery, first ever IV, first ever anaesthetic, and on top of that I travelled abroad for it (I'm also very bad with blood, wounds etc  :) ) I was very nervous on the day and even more on the drive to the clinic but after 20 years of gyne the thought of waking up with it gone helped me to relax and let the doctors do their job :) the IV didnt hurt at all and once it was in the anesthetic put me out before I realised it was happening! Coming round I was Ok, a little dazed but really I felt like I'd had a nap!
Any questions feel free to ask & I will help if I can

Offline gynoguy25

• Posting Member
I had surgery about 1.5 months ago, first ever surgery, first ever IV, first ever anaesthetic, and on top of that I travelled abroad for it (I'm also very bad with blood, wounds etc  :) ) I was very nervous on the day and even more on the drive to the clinic but after 20 years of gyne the thought of waking up with it gone helped me to relax and let the doctors do their job :) the IV didnt hurt at all and once it was in the anesthetic put me out before I realised it was happening! Coming round I was Ok, a little dazed but really I felt like I'd had a nap!
Any questions feel free to ask & I will help if I can

Hey 2526d, thanks for the reply! How are things going for you now at a month and a half post op? Curious, how did you feel 3 days after surgery? My assistant at work is moving out of state next week, and I don't have a replacement for him yet, so I'll have to go back earlier than planned. I'll be taking it easy, but I won't be able to lay up resting and healing. I hope I feel good enough to go back that soon!

Glad to hear that about the IV. Surprisingly, for now that's what I'm worried the most about. Strange I know, but I'm not a fan of needles. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
An unfortunate reality is that once people have had surgery and they are pleased with the outcome they lose interest in the site and do not come back. 
There were a few who did hang around and offer advice to others.  One of the best was a man who used the screen name of:  Grandpa Bambu.
If you go to the heading on the main page and click on Members.
Then on find member.
Then type in "Grandpa Bambu", you can pull up his posts from the archives.   Please do not add to or refresh them, leave them in the archives.   If you have questions, It would be best to return to the present and state your question as a new topic.  Bambu has not communicated with the site in over a year so there would be no point in asking him a question. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline 2526d

• Posting Member
to be honest I felt pretty good  (as long as there were no sudden movements, stretching etc :) ) I had drains and they bothered me more than anything else.  I took 2 weeks off work but I was able to keep fairly active, although I tired much easier for the first few weeks.  I didnt need to take any pain killers from the morning after the surgery, had almost no pain.
1.5 months on, feeling is coming back, and my chest looks good, one side is a little swollen, hopefully it will go down but if not its still 100% better than what I had before!

Offline gynoguy25

• Posting Member
Hey guys. I had surgery this morning and everything went great! I was at the hospital at 6, surgery started at 7:30, and I was back at my hotel room at 11:30. I had lipo with excision, and actually ended up not needing drains! I've felt surprisingly well today. No major pain, just a little sore if I move in the wrong directions. After lunch and a short nap, I was up cleaning and organizing my hotel room, then my wife and I spent the rest of the afternoon from about 4:30 until 9:30 shopping at the mall and Target. I have an appointment in the morning with Dr. Jeffords, and if all is clear, I'm free to go home. I live about 5-6 hours from Atlanta where I had the surgery, but if I'm feeling as well tomorrow as I have today, I think we're going to head up to Chatanooga for the day and head home Sunday afternoon. 
I had so much anxiety about having surgery and it all turned out to be for nothing. I can't wait to see my chest tomorrow at my follow up, and watch it improve as the days, weeks, and months pass. I'll probably post some before and after pictures on Monday or Tuesday. I'm not a big guy, but I am a little overweight and my chest was large. 
Still hoping to hear from more people to discuss our surgeries, questions, share pics, etc. 
I'll try to post a follow up tomorrow after my apt, but we'll probably be on the road most of the day so it may be Sunday or Monday.
Looking forward to hearing back from some people! Even if you haven't had surgery yet or don't have it coming up, feel free to comment. I'd love to share my personal experience with anyone as this part of my life comes to a close and my new chapter is being written!

Offline jrflatnow

• Posting Member
Just finished my 2nd surgery and I am now flat! I recommend the procedure to everyone! Both of my surgeries had minor pain and down time. NO BIG DEAL REALLY! Please find a broad qualified plastic surgeon who done this surgery before. You will not regret it!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024