Author Topic: Gyno and Antipsychotics  (Read 1398 times)

Offline electronitro78

I need help. Im scared this gyno wont go away and im searching for answers. I tried this medication called Invega Sustenna via injection for about 6 months. At 3-4 months time, i noticed i had pain and sensitivity around both my nipples but i said nothing. At the sixth month i stopped taking the injections. Ive been off the meds for about another 6 months now and i noticed that my nipples were pointy. I talked to my endocrinologist and he said i have very minimal gynecomastia. He said this might go away if i just wait for a little while. Is he right? He also perscribed me Tamoxifen Citrate, but said to wait for a while until i take it because of its side effects. Okay, so my questions are will the gyno go away by itself once my hormones are back to normal? Should i consider taking the Tamoxifen Citrate? Is it too late? What should i do? My pointy inverted mips show through my shirts and it is embarrassing. Help!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I don't have any experience with the specific drug that you've mentioned, but generally, depending on the drug and the severity of the gynecomastia, if the condition is going to resolve, it will resolve within six months to a year.  It's difficult to say whether medical treatment with Arimidex would help that process in this case, but it might.  If the condition hasn't resolved within a year, I'm fairly sure that it won't improve further, and any improvement would be gained only through surgery.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster