Author Topic: 3 surgeries later  (Read 1946 times)

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Hi

I have had 3 surgeries on my chest so far, initially I had vaser, then vaser again, then vaser and gland removal the 3rd time, though he used my existing vaser scars, so didn't cut around the nipple as I see a lot of surgeons do

I'm only 3 months post my last surgery, but like each other time once recovered I fear my chest wont look as flat and as good as it should , I've seen better results after 1 surgery. my surgeon is well know and recommended so I trust his work, but still not happy with my chest.

I wont be rushing into another surgery yet, as I know it takes time, but Id love a professional opinion on my chest and what they think would improve results

Thanks!

Offline markfj

• Posting Member

Offline markfj

• Posting Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't know what you looked like initially, but your most recent photos (I presume after your last procedure) reveal a good looking chest.

Why not give it a full 6 months or more and then look critically at your chest and compare it to what it was like prior to any surgery.  No surgeon is perfect and no-one can alter how a person heals after surgery.  The object of surgery is to remove the excess tissue and provide a normal looking chest -- which is different for every individual.  And you look like you have a nicely contoured, muscular chest.

I think you may be more hard on yourself and your surgeon than is truly necessary.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Hello DR Jacobs

Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciate your reply and feedback

Perhaps I'm just used to disliking my chest for so long, its a mental thing partly. I do workout and started working out initially to try and build muscle/get leaner in and see how if it helped my chest.

Ive attached a photo of myself Prior to any surgery, and another after 2 vaser lipo to chest area, which is then when I went for Gyno and vaser surgery just recently, as by my pic after 2 vaser treatments, my chest still look glandular to me

I don't fault my surgeon, I think he did a great job overall, I was just hoping to be happier. One surgeon, based on my photos I posted suggested the following, I'd be grateful for your opinion, as you seem to think my chest looks good.

Thought of course, I will give my body time to heal propely over the next 6-12 months as I'm only 3 months post op
He said:
My impression is the following:
 1) there is still some volume left behind the nipple which makes it pointy
 2) the distance between the nipple and the submammary fold is too short.
 I think that the correction of both points will change dramatically your chest.

Many thanks again

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thanks for the new photos.  You are certaiinly improved over your pre-op status -- but in this photo I do see what may appear to be some residual tissue/scar tissue, etc.

I also see two access incisions placed close to the midline which appear to be thickened and raised.  You might want to speak to your surgeon about treating these with some cortisone.

Dr Jacobs

Offline markfj

• Posting Member
Hi

Thanks for the reply again
Sorry for the confusion, the pictures I posted then, one was prior to surgery, the other was actually after my second surgery which was just Vaser Lipo to the chest area.
I since had the Vaser, gland removal and scar tissue removal as my 3rd surgery, results of that were posted in the initial thread.

It was after my latest set of photos, that one surgeon made the suggestion above. But like yourself, other surgoens have said that at this stage, 3 months post op my chest looks fine, and wait it out.

So Ill take your and their advice, wait things out and then see how I look then, but I really appreciate your professional views, thanks :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024