Author Topic: Surgery tomorrow - March 8th 2016  (Read 3064 times)

Offline wvalum07

• Posting Member
I've been a long time lurker, with a few posts. After 22 years of zero self-esteem/confidence, I am finally having surgery tomorrow (3/8/16)! My gyno started at 10 years old, I'm now 32. Its been a long time coming and I'm beyond excited to go to sleep tomorrow and wake up and it be a new world!
I'll be sure to check back in with some post-op updates! 

Offline gynoguy25

• Posting Member
Good luck!! I just had mine Friday morning. So far, the compression vest has been the worst part. Not painful, just annoying! Let us know how it goes!

Offline wvalum07

• Posting Member
First day post-op!
Feeling better than I thought I would. Had lipo + excision. Pretty bruised up in my armpits and upper chest. I have a wrap binder on, more like an abdominal binder instead of a vest style. I'm planning to call the Dr. and see if he recommends any vest styles instead. Depending on how long I need to wear the binder, this style I think will be kind of annoying.
Have 2 drains, so far not draining much, which is good!
Pain isn't too bad. Normally I take maybe 3 ibuprofen a year (not a fan of medicines!) but I'm trying to be a good patient and take the pain pills as instructed. They certainly help.
I can't shower until tomorrow. So I'm pretty excited to take the binder off and see what it looks like under there. I know it won't look anything like what the final product will be, but knowing the gland is gone will be huge :) 
I go back next week for a follow up, and we'll see what happens!
I can't believe its finally over! After 22 years of misery, its done! Such a life changer already, and I haven't seen what it looks like yet :) 

Offline cpa5oh

• Posting Member
It's been a month - how is it going?  Happy with the result?  Feel like no problem tissue was left behind? Back to normal routines again?

Offline Leokuk16

• Posting Member
Hi,
Could you share more details about the surgery like Doctor and cost.
-Leo

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024