Author Topic: How much is 600cc of fat removal?  (Read 3323 times)

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Since I believe my surgeon removed too much fat with the lipo, can you make any sort of guess what type of candidate would benefit from 600cc of fat removal. Is this normal for people with a lot of gyno growth, or medium? But definitely not for minor cases right?

PS: he also removed about 30 grams of gland on each side as well.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You absolutely cannot quantitate the results of your surgery with any numbers.  The results are solely in the appearance after everything has healed.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Before and after:
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/tanner151/before-gynoS%202.jpg
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc396/tanner151/GEDC0693.jpg

I understand what you're saying doc but at 5'11 175lbs, with a skinny-fat semi muscular physique, I just feel like removing 600cc of fat from my chest was just was overkill.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I think you have a very nice result.

Realize that your pre-op photo reveals a fullness over the entire chest, extending high and then down to the infra-mammary fold.  Included in that entire area, if you were to calculate the volume, is a large amount of tissue.

I think the surgeon did a very good job.  Sorry if you disagree.

Now it's your turn to build muscle -- and it will show.

Dr Jacobs

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
Maybe I'm underestimating it, you know I hold your opinion in high esteem so if the numbers look plausible to you based on the pictures(and I even think my pecs were even fatter than shown in the photos) it gives me comfort.

the infra-mammary fold huh, so that's what it's called. That was actually one of the things that worry me, that too much fat was removed on the lower chest. If I build my chest muscles back up again I'm hoping it's gonna look better. I'll work hard at it.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Part of the problem is lack of communication between yo and your surgeon.

Many patients with gynecomastia want to be "flat."  What they actually mean is that they want all the excess tissue removed so that the outline of their pecs will show.  Towards that end, when I operate, I remove as much tissue as is safe (without producing craters, etc) and aim to provide the patient with a thin but uniform pinch of skin and fat over the muscle.  This is akin to a body builder with a low % body fat.  When this is surgically accomplished, the patient's pec outlines will be clearly visible.  And the pec muscle has a natural slight curvature -- it is not flat unless there is minimal muscle present.  The patient can then exercise to build up their pecs -- and it will show because the overlying excess tissue has been removed.

When you see body builders with etched, defined, bulging pecs, it is because you are looking at large muscles covered by a very thin layer of skin and fat.

Dr Jacobs

Offline flatness13

• Silver Member
I gotta say you hit it right on the button. I even made the mistake of telling my surgeon how I wanted it to be completely flat so I blame myself for this too. I was just so nervous on that surgery day and didn't know quite as much as I know now. I can't go back in time so I guess I have to make best of what I have now.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024