Author Topic: Holes in the Incision!  (Read 1267 times)

Offline myhealth

• Posting Member
Hello doctors,
I'm 6 weeks post periareolar mastopexy. So far there has been an unpleasant surprise every other days and I don't know when this is going to stop and I can enjoy the result of my surgery w/o being so worry and conscious about it!!
Today I noticed there are some whitish pus on two spots on my areola incision in which I found a very tiny bit of left-over dissolvable stitch. When I cleaned them, these two hole appeared! I'm kind of worried. Please help. Also, will this cause bad future visible scars?

Thank you

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It appears that you've developed a few stitch assesses, which are typically self-limited.  The stitches dissolve over 2 - 3 months following the surgery, and in some cases, a small infection can develop around the stitch, which causes the stitch to "spit."  As noted, these are usually self-limiting and once the stitch is out, the skin heals closed.  If, on the other hand, you had a permanent (Gore-Tex, for example) suture placed, it might need to be removed to eliminate the small infections and allow for the skin to heal closed.  RTS
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024