Author Topic: Bruising becoming worse a few days after surgery  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Dunbar88

Hello

I had surgery 3 days ago and I would consider the result a success (I was a severe case). While the bruising was not too bad just after the surgery, it has now substantially increased after 3 days especially in the mid-riff area (way below the chest) and way under my arm pits (where there were no incisions made!).

Is it common for the bruising to become worse a few days after the surgery than it was immediately post surgery? Could there be something wrong with my vest (too tight) or how I am wearing it. I am very concerned as I am brown skinned and have heard that I'm more prone to scarring. Any replies will be appreciated as I am very concerned. Posting photos immediately post surgery and on day 3. Thanks very much.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Bruising after this surgery is not uncommon at all.  Some guys bruise more than others.  And blood is affected by gravity, just like everything else.  Over the first few days after surgery, blood travels downward through the loose tissue.  Nothing to worry about, unless one side of your chest is a lot larger than the other.  That could mean a hematoma (you don't have that) and those will often need to be drained by the surgeon.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024