Author Topic: 15 days post-op - Need advice  (Read 1509 times)

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Hello everyone.
I know it is too early for the healing process but I would appreciate some helpful answers from surgeons. I have hard lumps in several places under/over areola and swelling on my right where I see my chest is bigger. From the looks is it something that will be reduced in time? Does it look like scar tissue, excessive skin, non-removed gland? The surgeon said that he made a total gland removal. Can I do something to improve it? I attach todays picture of my issue.
Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:08:09 AM by res.Cogitans »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It takes roughly six months to see the final results -- you are only 15 days post op!  Relax, it is normal to have swelling, some firm areas, etc -- that is all part of healing.

If you are truly concerned, then return to your surgeon.  Otherwise, relax and allow your body to heal.

Dr Jacobs  
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
Dr. Elliot,
thank you for your time and your answer.
Just to reassure myself that everything will be ok i contacted my surgeon with new pics (im 3 weeks now post-op). He adviced me for some time to compress my right side more and eventually to come more symmetrical.
In some places i feel it swollen and it hurts. I know this will eventually subside.. My question is, almost both sides under skin are very hard when i put pressure. From your experience, what is this hardness that i feel? its not moveable and its not like fluid..
Due to the differences in sides you see in the pictures, do you find logical that with more pressure at right side i can achieve symmetry?
Thank you very much

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your frontal photos (at 15 days) shows that the chest look fairly even and symmetric.

Firmness is a normal part of the healing process.  Be patient -- it should soften in 4-8 weeks.

Dr Jacobs

Offline res.Cogitans

• Bronze Member
More recent photos (yesterday) to see more clearly the right side that is more puffy.
So, will more compression to the right side maintain the evenness?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:08:41 AM by res.Cogitans »

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
For some reason, I'm not able to see your photos, but from your description, a few thoughts.  The hard areas around the chest are related to localized swelling, sometimes related to small collections of blood, and the hardness around the areola is due to induration and swelling of the remnant left under the areola.  Asymmetry can result if there's a little more bruising on one side than the other, since this will take longer to resolve on the more bruised side.  The hard spots will soften over time, and many of the asymmetries you observe in the early post-op period will fix themselves as the scar tissue evolves.  Compression in the early phases of healing and massage in the later stages can help with this, along with the normal healing of the body.  Patience is your friend, and in time, most of these things will improve. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024