Author Topic: Acceptance - Better Boobs Than Dead  (Read 4585 times)

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
I've been reading a lot online and I see a lot of bitching by people about Gynecomastia. Yes, it sucks but I'm alive. I have also been doing a lot more research on my medical issues. Let's just say I had better odds in combat.

So my outlook now is screw 'em it's their issue, not mine.  I didn't want them in the first place, but better boobs than dead.

Boomer

hammer

Boomer, I couldn't agree with you more!

Offline Roadglider

• Posting Member
Boomer,
Hope that there wasn't bad news recently and I agree, these are nothing compared to suffering something fatal or incapacitating.  

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
No bad news. Actually, there has a lot of good news for me. No, it's that I'm close to the one year mark of a condition that has a high mortality rate at 1 year (don't want to go into details). I'm feeling better and seeing light down the road at some point. I was just that there are people that are pissed with everything and I'm just happy to be alive. That's all.

hammer

Congratulations Boomer!  I'm here with you looking forward to the 2nd year too!

Bob

Offline Busty

Boomer, I could not have said it better.  Good luck.  When I get down, I go out and buy myself a nice (as in, sexy) bra, and then I feel better about things.

aboywithgirls

Having breasts or wearing a bra is not the worst thing in the world. Half of the world wakes up and puts on everyday to go about their day.

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Not feeling down, just sick and tired of hearing some people bitch. Just remember it could be worse that all. Just an acceptance stance that's all.
Actually, I've been feeling better and finally getting some money issues solved. So things are better, just a bit different that's all.

aboywithgirls

I'm a guy whose had breasts most of my life. The girls came at puberty and have been  heard ever since. I never had to go through this as an adult. However, being an adult male and filling a 36H bra every day is not an easy pill to swallow. It is however, true acceptance of self. I'm still a guy. Just one who knows a lot about bras.

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I was talking with a retired doctor (way too many people I know these days are retired, there is sure a lot of that going around) I know.  She said she knew a young man who had prostate cancer  The prostate was removed (with an old fashioned as much as possible approach).  He still had a high PSA, so they hit him with radiation even though they could see nothing.
Then they gave him estrogen.  They offered more radiation to the breasts used to stop breast growth so he wouldn't "suffer" gynecomastia from the estrogen.  He found the idea totally appalling that he might grow breasts.  He was already incontinent and had ED.  He expected to die from metastatic disease (which hasn't shown up anywhere yet but they are sure it has to be there with the PSA.  So he chooses to do more damage to his body with radiation.  They assured him that he wasn't likely to live long enough for the radiation to cause breast cancer.   He was very "vain" the retired friend doc said.  YIKES.  I would have thought that growing breasts in that circumstance is the most minor least important thing that might happen

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Aboywithgirls, I can only imagine. Actually, with my experience, I respect you guys that have been dealing with this for years. It's a pain some days for me and I can only imagine what you all have been through.
Alchemist, you hit the nail on the head. That's what I'm talking about. That is why I made my statement. Hmm, let me choose ... dead or boobs. I think you know my answer.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Like some of us here on the forum I have been dealing with breast growth for a few years, however, in all the dealings I have had to deal with (friends finding out, co-workers finding out, bosses finding out, fellow students finding out and more) I never informed my mom (she is 97 and still sharp as a tack, drives with no problems and we had a discussion 3 weeks ago on astrophysics...she held her own). Whenever we would get together for any event, I would make sure I suppressed my breasts as much as possible so as not to show anything. I would wear breast pocketed shirts to aid in hiding my assets. Last Friday I finally told her and she took it as no big deal. I always expected her to throw a tizzy or freak out in some fashion...she did not. She showed great concern and is willing to aid me in any way she can. When I told her I was suppressing my boobs due to work but today I wore the most comfortable bra I could and a tight tee-shirt. It hid nothing (46 C/D mostly D) and while comfortable was most revealing. She thought I looked good and had a nice figure with the breasts. Go figure.
The point of all of this is: regardless of our personal fears, going through anything that can possibly cause our death is simply not logical when having breasts, and 46D is nothing to ignore like so many of the smaller cup sized brothers, can be a simple irritation to overcome. People, particularly family, love us and care for us. Co-workers and bosses are not out to make an issue of our breasts to humiliate us. As another example, I am at work at this moment (my office on my day off) and supervisors have popped on by as well as numerous co-workers and I am just slightly suppressing my boobs but they are unmistakable and no one has said or done a thing relative to them. Accept the boobs! They are a part of you and be comfortable with them. Remember, things could be a lot worse...it could be snowing! As one of the other more distinguished and well endowed gentlemen has suggested: if you are feeling a bit low because of your boobs, go buy them a nice bra and you will feel better. (by the way, this advice works)
Hopefully I have added a bit of good advice to the discussion, otherwise...oops!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:14:53 AM by expedient-traveller »

Offline Boomer

• Posting Member
Thank you, it's not that I'm sad or that depressed. Just an arrg moment with others that's all. It's just want to say to someone when they say "OMG, what are going to do?" Talking to not immediate family can be frustrating. 

If anything I'm in a GREAT mood today. I finally got my award letter for Social Security and how much back pay. LOL, yes I will go looking for a new bra. I saw one or two on eBay. 

Yes, It could be a lot worse but it's not that bad.

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member

hammer

Boomer, I got my Social Security right away due to having the peripheral neuropathy so my back pay was only a few months worth. If you've been fighting then for years, wow you better treat you and your wife to something nice!

Congrats my friend! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024