Author Topic: Is this Gyno?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline memegang420

So I have been self conscious about my chest for as long as I can remember. I am a pretty skinny guy (6'0", 155lbs) but don't have much muscle mass so I'm almost kinda skinny fat with some extra chubbiness on my stomach and chest.

I recently started learning about gynecomastia and am trying to diagnose myself as best I can. I try to feel behind the nipple but can't really tell if what I'm feeling is a breast tissue lump or if it's just normal fat tissue.

If it was gynecomastia would it be just one lump? Because the lump that I think I might be able to feel behind the nipple feels very similar to multiple other lumps all around my pec area. I think these lumps are just fat so could that be what I'm feeling behind my nipple?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This does appear to be mild gyne.  If you want to be absolutely sure, then it should be verified by a surgeon.

Feeling for "fat vs gland"  really doesn't help -- it is the actual excess of tissue (which is usually both fat and gland) which is the culprit.  You appear slender -- no amount of dieting or exercise will serve to improve the situation.  For further explanation, please read my discussion "Is it fat or breast tissue" in Patient Galleries on this site.

Dr Jacobs 
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Lucky you, the first person to answer is the ultimate authority. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You may have very mild gynecomastia. If you were so inclined I would recommend trying to do some weights for your chest to try to get a little more definition before going the surgery route.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline memegang420

Won't working out my chest build muscle underneath and potentially make the "mild gyne" more prominent on top of that muscle? Would it benefit me more to work my arms, core, back, and shoulders rather than my chest or focus on my whole body regardless of the mild gyne?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It would help to have a good lateral view instead of a 45 degree view. I am not certain what your exact situation is based on the poor angle of the image. At worst you have mild gynecomastia but as I said I am not certain based on the photos.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
True gynecomastia will often look more pominent the more lean you get. In your ase, baed on the photos I'm looking at, yo might get enough benefit from developing your chest muscles a little more. If not, you will know that you have tried everything you can do on your own and it would be time to consider sugery. On the otherhand if you're convinced you have gynecomsia and want to get rid of it, it's not too early to at least get a real consult. Good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024