Author Topic: needyour input; gynecosmastia or just fat?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline mortalkombatant

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hello everyone! Thanks for approving my registration. I'm Kyle, 25, 5'6 and definitely overweight. 2 weeks ago, I decided I need to lose weight for my health and also because I'm starting to get conscious about my body. I have always been on the "heavy" side and it's only now that I'm feeling insecure about how I look so I decided to lose weight. My diet currently consists of Tuna, wheat bread, eggs, leafy greens, an assortment of fruits, tomatoes and cucumbers. I am also on an all-water liquid intake plan. After 2 weeks on this diet, I don't feel like I have lost a lot of weight but I definitely feel better inside, I feel lighter and some of my old shirts fit me again. But even before I had body image issues, I have always been insecure about my chest. Being always on the "heavy" side, my chest was never flat which is why I'm not sure if what I have is just fat or gyno. I need your opinions, here are a few photos of my chest. Please help me determine if it's fat that would just go away with proper exercise and diet, or gyno. I've read that if it's gyno, you should feel a hard lump or disk right beneath the nipple. I tried feeling for it but I don't seem to feel any hard "ball" or disk beneath except for the tip of my nipple (areola, is what it's called, i think?). When I press down on my nipple, it's soft until i feel the pecs. I also tried pinching hard on the nipples and the pain is what you'd expect when you pinch hard on yourself but nothing i can't handle, the pain does not last long. Please help me on my journey. I really want to lose weight and I am trying so hard to be faithful to my diet. I know it's not an overnight transformation but I'm taking it one day at a time. Thanks a lot![/font]

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
You have two issues.You have a mild pectus excavatum and mild gynecomastia in addition to being a bit overweight.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024