Author Topic: Too much residual glandular tissue concern. Hard to get answeres from Dr's staff  (Read 1160 times)

Offline DeeWolf5150

I had gyno surgery and panniculectomy performed on 8/10/17
Surgeon used pull through and lipo technique, I've had to research and care for wounds on my own. Using compression garment made by Second skin currently used simple ace wrap before that, per Dr initial instructions. 2 weeks later at follow up, he must've forgotten date he performed surgery, I was told to discontinue compression, on all areas including abdomen. This seemed absurd. I've included before and after pics. The after pics were taken 9/19/17. I'm concerned not enough glandular tissue was removed, would like honest opinions, I know it won't be perfect, but I was told all tissue was removed.
Thanks in advance!

Edit. Went from 393 pounds to 200. 200lbs when I had surgeries, through natural, diet and exercise. No bypass, some times I hear that's relevant info.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 06:39:56 PM by DeeWolf5150 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is early in the healing process but overall you look like you have a decent result.  Be patient and allow for full healing to occur.  The massive weight loss patients such as yourself are quite challenging.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline DeeWolf5150

Thanks Dr Jacobs. I suppose, I am still in some earlier healing processes.
The lack of communication, rushed office visit, forgotten surgery date make me worry more than the results honestly. Obvious improvement. I feel better about myself getting comfortable in my skin again.  I've heard that a few times about massive weight loss cases. Is it because natural skin elasticity is compromised or some cases gone all together ?
Thanks a lot!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024