Author Topic: puffy nipples after gyno surgery  (Read 1969 times)

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
I had my gyno surgery 2 weeks ago. My doctor only perfomed only lypo he said that my case was minor so only lypo was sufficient. Now after two weeks there is still some puffy nippled. When i asked my doctor about this he said it is because of swelling and in couple of months it will settle down. i still have my doubts.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
You will need to wait till the swelling resolves and then re-evaluate. This should take about 3 months. On occaision gynecomastia can be completely corrected with liposuction. However, in the majority of times the breast tissue directl beneath the nipple is too dense for lipo and even ultrasonic lipo and must be surgically excised. The excision can be done from a small openning at the lateral lipo incision or from an incision along te lower border of the areola. Good luck and try to be patient.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
I had consulted with 2 surgeon and both said that that lypo would suffice. My doctor who performed surgery   
Said he removed gland throught lypo there was bo gland left and there was no need to additional cut at aerola.

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
I am posting picture of mine 20 days post op

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I concur with Dr Schuster.  If you had visible puffy nipples prior to surgery, that would tell you that there was solid breast tissue under the areola which must be removed surgically -- lipo alone would not do the trick.

Best to allow healing to occur -- at least 4-6 months -- and then, assuming the puffiness is still there, go back for a revision operation.  It might also help if you sought the opinion of an expert in gyne surgery before returning to your original surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline khiladi256

• Posting Member
I concur with Dr Schuster.  If you had visible puffy nipples prior to surgery, that would tell you that there was solid breast tissue under the areola which must be removed surgically -- lipo alone would not do the trick.

Best to allow healing to occur -- at least 4-6 months -- and then, assuming the puffiness is still there, go back for a revision operation.  It might also help if you sought the opinion of an expert in gyne surgery before returning to your original surgeon.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
I consulted with 2 surgeon before surgery and both said that only lypo would suffice because my case is minor.
My surgeon said he did not do excision bacause it was not needed. He said he removed all the gland only through lypo hole. Is it possible to remove tha gland only from the lypo hole.now after 20 days i feel no swelling from outside . Are there still chances that pugfy nipple will settle down if not can i call demand refund from my surgeon or he would do revision free of cost. When i consulted him he said he would do excision if needed but during operation he did not do it becauss he said it was not needed. I am really depressed and i am out of money. 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Would not leap to early conclusions.  Give your body at least 4-6 months to heal.  If the puffiness is still there, then revision surgery may be indicated -- particularly if your surgeon said he would remove any excess tissue under the nipple.

No surgeon will provide a refund for you but many will provide revision surgery at little or minimal cost.

Be positive and wait it out!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024