Author Topic: Is this gyno?  (Read 713 times)

Offline Ryan1989

Hello,

I am looking for an expert opinion on wether I have a case of gyno or not. I've always had a fatty chest which has always made me self consious. I was 165 pounds now weighting 145 and my chest hasent changed in proporion to my rest of my body. 
I don' have puffy nipples although I can feel a lump in the area around both nipples, quite small but defiantly something there.

I just need advice before I take this further, I understand it isnt probably an extreme case but it' something that really bothers me

Thanks..

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Yes, it looks like you have mild gynecomastia. Not everyone with gynecomastia has puffy nipples. Sometimes the gynecomastia will actually look worse as you lose more weight. This is because gynecomastia is a glandular enlargement whichh, unlike fat, does not really respond much to wight gain or loss. Sounds like it might be time to see a surgeon who is experienced in gynecomastia correction. Getting great results is harder than it seems. experience matters. Good luck.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Yes, it does appear that you have mild gynecomastia.  If it's mostly fatty, liposuction may be adequate to get improvement, but if there are lumps under the nipples the you can feel, you'll probably need both liposuction and excision to get a good result--even though it's mild. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024