Author Topic: Junior High  (Read 3063 times)

Offline SideSet

As I believe I have mentioned, I developed breasts at puberty/in junior high like most of the girls in my class.  I also came to have wider hips and a rounder bum.  I was not overweight.  My breasts drew a lot of comments and my hips and bottom some comments, too, but not as much.

I heard about my "breasts,"  "boobs," "breasts," that I was "like a girl."  Was I "a girl?"  Was I "a boy or girl?"  That I "need to wear a bra."  Most comments came from other boys, but some from girls, too.  Sometimes I would hear a comment from a stranger or yelled out, like "check out the rack on him."  Boys  would sometimes grab a feel.  PE class was torture.  The teacher seemed to always put me on the "skins" team.  The locker room and shower was like something bad waiting to happen.

The lake and pool were awful.  I remember being told I should wear a bra.

Even family was not always safe.  I remember an uncle saying  I "needed to wear a bra" and my mother saying and "not just a training bra either."

A couple girls in my class were gentler about it and shared with me how I might "feel and look better in a bra" because that is how they felt and looked now that they wore bras.  They also said wearing your first bra is exciting, but a bit scary, but soon it becomes normal feeling.

At that time, my breasts were smallish, what I now know would be A cups and then B.  But at the time, they felt so big.  In middle age, I have found out what truly big breasts are

aboywithgirls

Junior high was tough for me for all the same reasons. I had breasts and I started wearing a bra at home when I was 12. I had my sister's hand me down bras . It wasn't until I was 16 that I started wearing a bra fulltime. 

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I really feel for both of you and for all guys who had breasts as teens and had to deal with the teasing. Fortunately, I didn't have those problems. I had others, but not as severe as you guys did. I HATED gym class, especially having to get naked and shower in front of all the other boys, but thankfully no one really teased me about anything. I guess I pretty much stayed below their radar.

aboywithgirls

Growing up with my breasts was both good and bad. It was difficult dealing with all the teasing and bullying but I got through it. On the other hand, I got.used to them. I got used to wearing a bra and keeping them covered. I have no embarrassment bra shopping or getting fitted.  I'm going for my 14th mammogram in june. I know quite a bit about bras and what works for me.and bras I should stay away from to the point, my sister even asks me for bra advice .

Offline SideSet

After hearing so many times that I should wear a bra, not surprisingly, I started to think about it.  I became curious about how it would look and feel to wear a bra.

Some girls in my class had bigger breasts than me, but I seem to be developing more of than many.  They were all wearing bras. And pantyhose, too.  They looked nice. And they seemed to feel good about it, also.

aboywithgirls

It's ironic that you mentioned pantyhose . While I had started relatively young compared to most of us with wearing a bra. It wasn't until my early 30s that I started wearing pantyhose because of varicose veins in my legs. It was my doctors suggestion to try support hose . They really increased my stamina and reduced a lot of the aches and pains that can accompany varicose veins .
But, whether it's a bra, pantyhose , or panties that work for us for whatever we're dealing with, that are all still just garments . We shouldn't feel guilty for feeling comfort, support or relief. 

Offline Jaku

• Posting Member
My breasts weren't that large in jr. high but I dreaded playing sports, especially basketball where it would be shirts vs. skins.  I would always be on the skins team.  I  played football and soccer no problem, even though I would try to get lost in the shower.
As was mentioned by a young man Getthejobdone in his Today thread, who just had successful surgery.  His family and friends did not recognize the condition, neither did mine.  I remember complaining to my mother how my breasts hurt, I must have been 12 or 13.  I had no idea why they hurt.  It was the 60s, men were men and they didn't have breasts, and if they did it would remain a secret, at least in my dysfunctional household.  "Oh, you are okay J...." go back to playing.   It makes me think about all the younger guys who are on this site, most are probably not huge, but it really doesn't take much.   I guess the key is to recognize it yourself, and go from there to make your choices.  In my case, I did what everyone else did, not recognize them, and tried to hide for fifty some years.  Don't wait that long, accept it or change it. 

ABWG and Sideset had to recognize because everyone else was right along with them, they couldn't be ignored because of the size but surely that didn't make it any easier.  Being kind of in-between to a teen, is not in between, especially when you are subject to the jokes, etc., regardless,  because they are certainly "different from the normal boy." What's that old adage "size doesn't matter?" Especially in the eye of the beholder :)

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
I'm one of the old timers and that allows me to find a 56 or so year old picture, including part of my breasts.  You know, I had forgotten how I looked then.  In 7th grade I wore a 38 or 40 inch jacket and was 5'10" and 170 pounds and had C cups breasts.  I grew to DD cup breasts with a 52 inch jacket size by the time I was 22.   My breasts then looked inflated and much closer to center line, with definite cleavage.  During 10 years as my chest grew the breasts stretched apart and were shaped more by the muscles underneath and a lot of the breasts ended up under my armpits now.  I can't say that they have changed all that much but I have stretched out even more with 85 pounds of edema and lost it and that leaves the skin kind of slack.  So I definitely looked younger in 7th grade and harassed endlessly in school.  And it was 100% skins no matter what fake "count off" starting at "T" or whatever it ALWAYS came out skins for me.  I was never on shirts even once.

Offline Busty

You would have been so much more comfortable if it had been accepted for you to wear a sports bra in PE.

aboywithgirls

I've been wearing a bra fulltime since I was 16. Even in high school. 

Offline SideSet

I started getting a little bubble butt, wider hips, and more fleshy thighs then, too.

aboywithgirls

I here that! I was wearing men's "loose fit jeans". They had more room in the seat and thigh areas. I remember my mother buying me a couple pair of Levi 's. The were women's size 12. I wasn't wearing them. She thought I didn't like them. The truth was is that they fit great but back then, it was bad enough that I was wearing a bra, I wasn't going to wear girls jeans as well.

Offline SideSet

Your mother understood your shape and what worked best with your figure.  When did you give in and start wearing the women's jeans?  Men's gap at the waist if they fit my hips, rear, and thighs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024