Author Topic: "Cheese grater lipo"  (Read 1099 times)

Offline vortex272

I am a 47 year old UK guy who had gynecomastia surgery in July 2012.

My consultant gave me the impression that he would liposuck the fat content out and an incision under the nipples to remove gland.

After surgery, I was informed that he had didn't need to make incisions under the nipples as he had used a new liposuction device that removes gland tissue as well- like a "cheese grater".

Are any doctors familiar with this technique/device??

I did have an improvement in appearance but, could still feel gland tissue- as I can now and  I am considering having the usual procedure carried out to properly remove the gland and fatty tissue that's still there. ( I was told 100ml removed from one breast and 110ml the other)

Its frustrating as I am into strength and fitness training and have low body fat levels but still have a "flabby/glandular" chest over developed pec muscles!! Its not as bad as it was pre-surgery( still looks good when cold or after gym) but as its seems to be a genetic/family thing I feel that I need to go under the knife again to get it properly sorted once and for all!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
There are many types of liposuction cannulas on the market, and some have been designed with very sharp edges at the suction holes. It is possible that he used an aggressive type of cannula like that, but in my opinion those still don't remove all of the gland. Direct excision of the gland is still indicated in most cases.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are hundreds of different variations of cannulas.  I agree with Dr. Pope,  in my experience you need to surgically excise the glandular tissue to optimize the final result.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree with the other doctors--I've tried one of those cannulas years ago and wasn't impressed.  There are others since, and I'll confess I've not tried them. I just feel I have so much more control with direct excision, and the number of bad peri-areolar scars I've had to deal with is quite low. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
In addition to different types of liposuction cannulas there are report of some surgeons using an arthroscopic shaver, which is ordinarily used by Orthopedic surgeons for large joint surgery.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024