Author Topic: Total Acceptance  (Read 3762 times)

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
It seems that most guys on here have come to tolerate their breasts but would rather not have them. I was surprised that I found that I love having them. Breasts can be very beautiful and I see mine as such. Everyone is different and that includes those of us who see our breast development as a positive. It's not at all about being sexual, just as an infant's relationship with its mother's breasts is not sexual. The infant only appreciates the milk it suckles and I suspect that most of us who were nursed still carry an appreciation for our mother's breasts and by extension all breasts.

I do respect fully those who wear bras for comfort and those who chose to minimize the appearance of their breasts. But equal respect goes to those men who are comfortable allowing them to be seen by others. Remaining respectful of conventions on public nudity, this is exactly how women's clothes have evolved. It has long been acceptable for women to wear revealing clothing and so should it be fore men. The big problem is that society (especially ours) has oversexualized breasts.

Offline Johndoe1

While having breasts is something I would have never wanted, now that I have them, I have come to like them. It took years to accept them,  but now I have had them for so long I don't remember a time when I didn't have them and unless there is a medical reason to have them removed, I am just as happy to keep them. I have learned to celebrate them and it gives me an insight into a world men know little to anything about. Around people who know about them I don't try and hide them. It's actually a very liberating experience that I have come to enjoy. So while I might complain about them, I am like most women when it comes to their breasts. They can be a pain at times but I won't trade them for all the world. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
While having breasts is something I would have never wanted, now that I have them, I have come to like them. It took years to accept them,  but now I have had them for so long I don't remember a time when I didn't have them and unless there is a medical reason to have them removed, I am just as happy to keep them. I have learned to celebrate them and it gives me an insight into a world men know little to anything about. Around people who know about them I don't try and hide them. It's actually a very liberating experience that I have come to enjoy. So while I might complain about them, I am like most women when it comes to their breasts. They can be a pain at times but I won't trade them for all the world.
It didn't take much time for me to like mine. I don't feel like a woman trapped in a man's body but I've wondered what it would be like to be a woman. I'll never know but having breasts has definitely given me an insight into this aspect of femininity. I see myself as a feature-enhanced male.

aboywithgirls

Very well said!

I a good example of this is swimwear. I haven't been topless in public since I was 12. For many years, this meant swimming in a t shirt  and usually a compression style sports bra. Like everyone else here, I've have become more comfortable with my boobs and no longer wear a tshirt swimming.  My wife suggested a tankini 

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
Very well said!

I a good example of this is swimwear. I haven't been topless in public since I was 12. For many years, this meant swimming in a t shirt  and usually a compression style sports bra. Like everyone else here, I've have become more comfortable with my boobs and no longer wear a tshirt swimming.  My wife suggested a tankini
Thank you. I'm new to this but my breasts are already large enough to need some kind of top for swimming.

Offline Johndoe1

I have never wanted nor have I ever felt like a woman trapped in a man's body. I am wired male. I always have been. I did go through a period of time when I questioned whether I was transgender (because if I have breasts I must be a woman, right?) but I never felt anything other than a guy. That is what I am. A guy with some extra parts. I do admit though with the chemistry of my hormones as screwed up as they are to cause my breasts in the first place, I do have some female tendencies and emotions and sympathies. I understand a womans position in a discussion, even if I don't agree with it when my male friends have no comprehension of it at all. The amount of estrogen in my body has not only affected me physically but also I believe has at least affected my emotions somewhat (don't take me to a sad film) as well as the understanding of why a woman would think a certain way about something. It is certainly a unique window into the female world. I think that maybe why my female friends are pretty close friends. I have come to enjoy walking that line between the sexes. I think others here feel similarly. Our chemistry dictates it.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
Feature enhanced male is a great way to put it.  I'm male and enjoy being male.  As soon as my breasts started to grow and develop new sensations I almost immediately liked it.  I had always assumed that women's breasts were just like any other body part, no more or less sensitive.  Now that I have my own breasts I  know that to be wrong.  Another insight that I've gained is on the subject of breast implants.  My previous view was that it was just women being frivolous and vain but now I can see how having a nicer shape, firmer and yes bigger breasts can be an ego boost.  I always feel better when I'm supported with a nice rounded shape.  If you could wake up every morning without having put on a bra to get that, I  understand the appeal of augmentation now.

Offline SideSet

Thank you so much for starting this thread and thanks to all who have contributed. We have kindred spirits and busts

Offline Johndoe1

I understand the desire of augmentation as well. While it is something that I have no desire to have, I can completely understand why a woman would want it, for the look and confidence it gives. There are times I think it would be nice to be a little larger or more round or more full or . . . but . . . I do admit that I have become a fan of the rounded, lifted look that a good underwire bra gives me. While I am very male in appearance (damn male pattern baldness!), I do think that when my breasts are lifted and shaped by a bra, my chest just looks better. While it may make me have a more feminine looking chest, the droopy, floppy look of being braless takes away from a more polished look and makes my chest look even more feminine than wearing a bra does. Just check out early pictures of Australian politician Bill Shorten. Even in a suit, you could tell he was braless and didn't look as good as later pictures when it appears he is wearing a bra. The braless look to me screams, look at my chest because of all the movement that happens in just regular walking. Studies have shown that when you walk, breasts move in a figure 8 pattern. If you look closely at someone who has breasts and is braless, you can see the tissue moving in an eight pattern. The eye is drawn to it. (natural selection?) The support and containment of a bra stops that. You may see tissue moving within the cups, that movement is small and usually isn't noticeable under clothing even though you may feel the movement.

I know for me, I was completely surprised how much more confident I was of my appearance when I started wearing a bra. I had thought it would be the other way around, that I would have to hide my chest even more so as not to appear more feminine. True, I have to be a little more careful in what and how I dress so not to come off looking like a guy in drag, or showing an outline of my bra under tops, I have gotten pretty modest about that and I understand now why a lot of women are too, but the overall look is not bad. It is something that women do all the time to give the best appearance possible. I have always slumped to try and hide my chest, but after I started wearing a bra, I found that to support my chest properly I needed to have the band very snug around my rib cage and it was more comfortable when I stood straight with that support, even though it meant that the girls were more visible and shapely because of what the bra does to the appearance of the breasts. I think that is when I started to change my attitude about my chest. It isn't a desire to show them off, just a desire to live my life without worrying about what others think about my appearance when I wear clothes that fit my proper size. The girls have always been out there, now they just look better being lifted and rounded.

Offline SideSet

Yes, For me, wearing a bra is as much about appearance as it is comfort. In my opinion, I look and feel best in a bra.

aboywithgirls

Yes! I wear a bra for comfort and appearance. That's what a bra is for, isn't it?  I wear a 38G. I can't let my girls run wild! They look like two puppies playing in my top if I'm braless!  I bra provides comfort and support and shape! I also wear underwire bras exclusively to gain a rounded, less pointy shape.My boobs are very obvious regardless of wearing a bra or not. I might as well look and feel better because I am not having surgery. 

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
My breast development has been pretty typical in following a rather steep fall in testosterone. It happens as we age and it can be gradual or fast. I noticed how differently my mind worked and was surprisingly happy about it. Testosterone maintains masculine features and without it we revert to a more feminine form. It's as natural as can be and for some of us it isn't the horror portrayed so widely by suppliers of testosterone supplements and the medical community.

For me loss of my male sex drive was an unanticipated positive. I'd been sexual all my life and was getting tired of it. Loss of testosterone made me realize that I'd been battling my sex drive all my adult life. It stressed me out. I've often thought about how great it would be to have any thought of sex contaminate my relationships with friends and professional colleagues and now that's my reality. My wife lost most of her sex drive after she went through menopause so now we're perfectly matched and both see sex as kind of silly and unnecessary.

I don't think I could have any or all these mental benefits if I did testosterone replacement, so that's out of the question. It was inevitable that my body would become feminized and I'm so happy that I love every aspect of it, including developing breasts and loss of body hair. I'm a bit concerned with a decline in cognition and osteoporosis but both could be prevented with HRT using female hormones.

Having even fairly small breasts at present is still a wonder. I don't yet need to wear a bra, but I don't think they've stopped growing so who knows how large they'll be. I'll be OK if they stay the same size and don't think I'll mind if they got much larger. Having real female breasts of any size is wonderful!

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I used to think when I looked in the mirror at my breasts shaped and supported by a good bra under my shirt that I  was being a little delusional to think that I look pretty good and had a great pair of boobs.  I can see that I'm not the only one to have that thought.  On the subject of confidence I was completely surprised by the amount of confidence that wearing a good bra gives you.  I've often thought of it as a day long silky hug around my chest.  Why a bra would do this, I don't know.   I wonder though if it's something similar to hugging machine in the movie Temple Grandin or the tight thunder shirts that people put on dogs to calm them down. 

Another random observation,  I find myself instinctively gaurding and protecting my chest now when anything looks like it is going to get anywhere near my breasts. 

Offline ilikemytits

• Posting Member
I used to think when I looked in the mirror at my breasts shaped and supported by a good bra under my shirt that I  was being a little delusional to think that I look pretty good and had a great pair of boobs.  I can see that I'm not the only one to have that thought.  On the subject of confidence I was completely surprised by the amount of confidence that wearing a good bra gives you.  I've often thought of it as a day long silky hug around my chest.  Why a bra would do this, I don't know.  I wonder though if it's something similar to hugging machine in the movie Temple Grandin or the tight thunder shirts that people put on dogs to calm them down.

Another random observation,  I find myself instinctively gaurding and protecting my chest now when anything looks like it is going to get anywhere near my breasts.
I can easily see why wearing a bra would be comfortable. My breasts are just beginning to bounce a bit but going braless still works. It's hard to believe I'm in the B/C cup range, but my bust size is 2 1/2 - 3" larger than my chest. I've purchased a couple of bras in that size and they do fit reasonably well. My breasts are just widely spaced.

Offline Johndoe1

I used to think when I looked in the mirror at my breasts shaped and supported by a good bra under my shirt that I  was being a little delusional to think that I look pretty good and had a great pair of boobs.  I can see that I'm not the only one to have that thought.  On the subject of confidence I was completely surprised by the amount of confidence that wearing a good bra gives you.  I've often thought of it as a day long silky hug around my chest.  Why a bra would do this, I don't know.  I wonder though if it's something similar to hugging machine in the movie Temple Grandin or the tight thunder shirts that people put on dogs to calm them down.

You are not alone in that thought of appearance. I see the same thing. I will look in the mirror and go, is THAT really me? I am no looker, that is for sure, but looking at my chest in a mirror, it looks pretty good to me. I would have never thought such a bodily feature might turn out to be my BEST feature! But I am to the point that if it is on my body, I might as well try and make it look the best it can. And if that means a bra, then so be it.

As for you random observation, I too have noticed that I instinctively guard my chest. Just the other day, I had to slip past a co worker in a crowded space and she moved backwards toward me, not knowing I was there and I went into this protective mode to keep her shoulder/arm from hitting my breast. A very female reaction. It even surprised me. Certainly with the support, shaping and lift an underwire bra gives the breast, it does put the girls out there in front to be a target. I have noticed that I have unconsciously started to do things like that to protect them as a woman would. I guess that naturally comes when you accept what you have. I have always hated for things to bump into my bust, but now, I really have this bubble of space around them that I don't want anyone or thing to come near them and it has nothing to do with being "found out". A look is all it takes for that.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024