Author Topic: Mood swings regarding breasts  (Read 2825 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Quick background: had typical manboobs for a guy weighing nearly 300lbs.  Lost 50 some pounds, with my boobs staying about the same size but appearing larger on my thinner body and a bit more feminine in shape.

I've tried to stay in high spirits despite them.  They're not huge or anything.  42B/C.  Adjusted to wearing a bra for the most part, but I still have my down moments.  This morning I had a particularly bad episode.  I don't know what caused it, but I had a bit of an anxiety attack regarding my boobs.  Even though they clearly hadn't changed any since the previous day, or months for that matter, I suddenly felt my like my boobs were huge.  I mean, they literally felt bigger on my chest than they actually were.  I got extremely paranoid that everyone is going to notice that I have breasts, and that if I continue to lose weight, they'll be even bigger.    I managed to calm myself down eventually, but man, that was not a fun experience.

I know many of you have dealt with your gyno for decades so you probably don't have this issue, but is this sort of thing normal when first coming to terms with having breasts?  If any of you experienced similar issues, how did you overcome them?

Offline prc7966

• Bronze Member
Can't say I've had anxiety about them, definitely get frustrated with them from time to time and sometimes even angry with them usually after I run them into something. 

Offline Johndoe1

There are definitely days when the girls do feel out there more than other days. Not sure why, but I have those days too.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Bridge

I'm sorry you had such a bad day. Our minds can be a strange thing.  One time happy and loving life then we turn against ourselves.  Me telling you not to worry about isn't going to make you change.  Only you can do that.  I feel we tend to beat ourselves up needlessly.  I know I tend to body shame myself more than anyone else.  Why?  It has nothing to do with our body today verses what it was yesterday.  It's the state of mind we allowed ourselves to have and believe.  I know for me the more involved I am with others that really see me the happier I am.  They don't look at my body type they look at me.  I would have to say the same would be true of you.  As we go through our morning, or evening, personal hygiene we see us not as others do but rather our physical image only.  Look at yourself as the same person others see.  The kind, caring individual you are.  Nothing more nothing less. 

Continue with the healthy eating and lifestyle changes you have made.  My goodness the weight loss is great. Celebrate that and continue that path.  I know you will continue to feel better and your self image will be better as will your mental health.  Don't focus on how you think the weight is coming off.  If your loosing weight the fat tissue lost will even out.  I can't say you will end up flat chested but it can't be and won't be as bad as you are telling yourself now.

cheers

CoffeeAndCake

Agree with John there are days lately mine feel more out there than usual. My anxiety does happen as I have a wife and 6 month old so my concerns come in to play with swimming lessons and vacations and seeing my chest hang and jiggle and bounce now when I lean over and run and while they aren’t like two dogs in my shirt I’m the last week I have noticed my breasts are now considerably bouncing with much notice to myself. I find myself in the gym in the treadmill looking down seeing if they are bouncing as much as it feels to me and looking at others around to see if anyone is staring. 
No one of course is and I don’t think anyone ever will even if they keep growing cause people are too focused on their own day to day to care about my boobs. Even if I had side set or abwg size boobs I don’t know if people would care more than five seconds before going back to their day 
My anxiety used to be huge when they began bidding especially as a very healthy 30 year old when they started and at 33 as they fill a 34b cup completely I still go braless at gyms and found that just going braless and even without a tank top for some compression I became much more confident and comfortable with my boobs. Putting myself out there vs rolling my shoulders and slouching to hide them. Now I stand tall and keep shoulders back for posture and I do my deadlifts and such and see the mirror showing a very pronounced “pec” look but the tent starting To show says boobs more than pecs so I just keep doing me and let others do them and ignoring what others may see has allowed me to enjoy what I see

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I've had social anxiety issues in the past (and still do) so I don't know if it was related to that.  Felt rather different to me.  I've never been very comfortable being the center of attention, preferring to be in the background.  Yet, at 6'5, that's rather difficult to do. And because I literally standout, it's either going to make people notice my breasts, and/or my breasts are going to make me stand out even more.  And for whatever reason, something triggered a anxiety attack regarding that prospect.  Only thing I can think of something in my dreams triggered it.  Oddly, right now, while I am still concerned bout my future with my breasts, I'm even more concerned about my anxiety attack.  

I too am married, and have a 7 year old daughter.  She's been learning how to swim, and part of my really wants to help teach her since I was a competitive simmer for over a decade, and even taught swim lessons myself.  I don't want to appear topless in front of her and strangers.  Just wish society wasn't so judgmental over trivial things.  That would make things so much easier.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I am always worried that some one will notice the straps on my back more than anything since I am only a 36A.  I remember checking my back one day and was sure  I was good.  But then while the wife and I had finished walking all over Home Depot, she informed my that everyone could see my bra straps through the back of my shirt. I was mortified.  But what can you do.  So I just sucked it up and carried on. I just wished she had said something before we left the house.  She is no longer here so I just have to try and be more careful.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I am always worried that some one will notice the straps on my back more than anything since I am only a 36A.  I remember checking my back one day and was sure  I was good.  But then while the wife and I had finished walking all over Home Depot, she informed my that everyone could see my bra straps through the back of my shirt. I was mortified.  But what can you do.  So I just sucked it up and carried on. I just wished she had said something before we left the house.  She is no longer here so I just have to try and be more careful.
It is a shame that men wearing bras isn't more accepted.  You'd think after Seinfeld, someone would've capitalized on the Mansseire/Bro idea, making it more common.

aboywithgirls

I only felt that I was accepted as a full busted man after I accepted it. I used to try and camouflage my bras. It was only after I accepted them as me. 

CoffeeAndCake

When I was 30, 3 years ago, and i noticed itching and soreness in my chest...i didn't think anything of it...soap/detergent/fabric figured just an allergy or something. To not make a long story, over the last 3 years I have went from barely anything there to a mild B cup and I never worried too much. I have come to accept and enjoy my boobs. They aren't huge and out there, jiggling and bouncing for the world to see. But they are there and if I look down, stretch my arms back or lift them you can tell it isn't pectorals. But I have had anxiety recently as I moved out of a steel working job where clothes and hoodies were norm. And in to a financial job where button ups and polos are the norm now. And with daily form fitting shirts I worry as spring approaches and thinner tighter shirts such as polos come in to play especially having to be tucked in just adding to the concern...if anyone is going to see and point it out, especially since i work with 14 women and 2 men. Luckily I work in the very front so my body isn't too on display. I have bought 5 comfort bras to begin preparing for having to conceal if needed. But I definitely have my anxieties and panics now that I didn't used to have.

6 months ago I would say I don't care if I become a DD, I would have welcomed it. My breasts have brought me a lot of joy in stimulation and admiration for my body. It isn't normal for a dude to have boobs but after a couple years of them growing. I've come to absolutely love them. But with my current job, I do get worried if they keep growing and how I will explain things to wife, family and co workers as to why I suddenly seem to have boobs.  The more they grow the more they know seems to be a mantra that fuels my anxiety

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
@coffeeand cake. I've said it on here before, if you would have asked me before if I wanted boobs it would have been a flat out "no".  That was before I knew about the increased sensitivity and feel of having your own breasts.  If you can accept them they really do grow on you.

CoffeeAndCake

they really do grow on you is a great double meaning lol. I only worry about my kid who is almost a year old and summer coming up to public pools for weening in to learning to swim and being in a pool and such. I'm only a b cup but i feel them growing every couple weeks i wake up and feel added volume and see in my shirts that they are poking a bit more and filling in a bit more in the shirt showing a more round shape as the tissue grows more accross the chest. Just don't want my kid to grow up feeling embarrrassed

Offline blad

Everyone will have their own personal journey and speed accepting their breasts. Everyone also has their own unique social situations to navigate. But given enough time most people will adapt, with many becoming fully comfortable with having breasts.

If you are here and accepted wearing a bra then obviously you have already come a long way. I know for me that once I tried a bra and found how well it fit and how comfortable I felt wearing one, I tried to wear one as much as I could until it became full time. It becomes second nature to put a bra on every day and not even think about it as I go about my days activities.

I feel that I present better in public with a bra giving me better shaping and less bounce to draw attention. That adds to the confidence. I never see people staring at me and have not felt paranoid about having breasts now for a long time.

But those early days in school with breasts was a different story.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
Regarding social situations, I have always worked in male dominated jobs and work sites.  Twenty years ago you would have heard comments about a man with breasts but now I think it's so common that I couldn't even begin to tell you when the last time I heard someone say something.  

Offline SideSet

Blad, you said it perfectly 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024