Author Topic: Farewell  (Read 1114 times)

DW20

I just want to say that after much thought I have decided to leave the forum. 
I would be easy and wrong to say that this forum is not what it used to be. (nostalgia is never what it used to be!)
Truth is I have changed in terms of happy acceptance of having acquired boobs. It would be churlish not to thank everyone - even those I have disagreed with. 
I no longer need support except from my bras. 
The discussions are unavoidably repetitive and I have already shared  more than I ever thought I would and as much as I am ever likely to.
Best wishes to all past, present and those who follow 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I understand. I just returned after a long absence myself..The site is not what it once was. But it is constantly changing so you might like to check in periodically. The opinions of people who are comfortable with themseves is always needed. Such people, and also those who have had surgery with happy outcomes are often the first to leave and they are a resource the site really needs.
Grandpa Dan

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Well said.

DW20, As said input from those who are comfortable and have experience will always be invaluable here, so I do hope that you'll not leave completely.  That said, I do understand what you're saying about the threads/discussions being repetitive.  But unfortunately that's the very nature of forums like this one.  Anyway, good luck with whatever you do away from this site.

DW20

Thanks guys
I understand what you say. As I also said repetition is inevitable, but the answers also remain the same. If my thoughts are helpful they will still be there on the forum to be seen and read.
It may seem a little ungrateful but
I just feel I have completed a journey and it is time to move on with life. 
I shall always be grateful for all your help when needed. 

DW20

Having had error after error whilst deleting my account and not finding any way to contact administrators, I am beginning to think that I am not meant to leave.
I will leave my account live and see how things go but might well do more lurking than post

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
Well, it does mean you can still post if you decide to.  But if you don't want to post, then you don't have to.  So I think leaving your account in place and simply not using it (for now at least, it might change later) might be the best route.

DW20

Thanks JohannK     :)

CoffeeAndCake

Yeah the administrators really kinda are terrible on this site and trying to remove your info and posts in an effort to do so is impossible. I would say just keep it open and come back if you choose to do so. I deleted my acct after much difficulty and months later missed some of the people here and came back 

Offline BruceC

• Posting Member
Thank you DW20, if you're still reading these, I have appreciated your honest concern especially for the younger guys facing the largely socially unfriendly response to a totally unexpected physical change. God bless you.

CoffeeAndCake

DW always appreciated reading your posts and replies. Love to talk if you’d care to message or other formats of communication. Feeling bad I didn’t reply and comment more when reading your posts. You’ve been an asset here 

DW20

I am still reading BRUCEC
This is mainly due to the deletion process throwing up errors half way through. It has deleted a fare number of my posts (at least I cannot view them) and scattered others between the two versions. I would have deleted "Farewell" but it would not let me, and then hid it! I can only reply to your replies!
I have decided to stay in the light of messages via the forum and pm.
Indeed I have posted a new topic today for which  our exchanges were at least part of the catalyst "BRAS...... IF ONLY"  under acceptance garments
I can only see on this on the new version of the forum direct address for new home page is www.gynecomastia.org/forum

COFFEE AND CAKE
Thanks for your kind words - apologies were not necessary

I am going to try again to delete the Farewell post or at least locking it

Sorry - you are stuck with me  - at least no one put flags out

Offline blad

This is not a site I necessarily check out even on a weekly basis, but I find it rewarding to check others adventures from time to time and occasionally add my experiences.

We are brothers in bras.
If the bra fits, wear it.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024