Author Topic: Gyno First advice  (Read 1617 times)

Busted (and happy)

At the risk of getting bombed off here ,I will stick out my neck.

First advice for anyone seeking advice (after them plucking  up courage) should be to try a bra. 
I say this mainly because it is risk free and works.

Apart from the risks from surgery to your health it will 100% damage your wealth. There is also also the problem that often it does not give the patient the desired effect and also the "problem" can recur.
Hormones are also pretty powerful things (they even help us blokes to expand out front) and are far from risk free and expensive.

There. I will just leave the topic  hanging.

Offline blad

Trying a bra is an inexpensive, risk free, and a reversible option if you feel it does not work out. Surgery not so much. 

If it does not work out in your opinion not much is lost.

Just make sure it is a well fitting bra for a realistic evaluation.

If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline MychalBloodwing

• Bronze Member
I finally have just finished going through a complete string of blood tests to see if my 4th grade gynecomastia is caused by some health problems. I even had mammograms and ultrasounds of both my breasts, and I've been given a clean bill of health. Seems I inherited my physical attributes from my father (which was confirmed by digging up old pictures of him in swimming trunks). So, if I'm healthy why mess with a cosmetic procedure? By my measurements, I'm about a 38DDD/40DD (remember, my breasts were easily squeezed between those mammo plays). I agree with both Busted and blad. I've also opted for my female Endocrinologist's advice "wear them them proudly!"

Busted (and happy)

Good for you. The more of us doing this without shame makes things easier for those who follow and who knows, may in time change society's attitudes. 

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Good for you. The more of us doing this without shame makes things easier for those who follow and who knows, may in time change society's attitudes.

+1; it's just fat that happens to exist where most men will not tend to carry it.  Never been able to determine a valid reason as to why such a common male condition matters and why we are socially shunned from taking action(s) to deal with it when it makes us uncomfortable.

Busted (and happy)

Male and female all have breasts and the whole range from flat chests to heavily laden exist in both.
It is Macho men who cause most real hassle to us in my experience. They are probably the ones who also demean  flat chested women. 

Offline Johndoe1

+1; it's just fat that happens to exist where most men will not tend to carry it.  Never been able to determine a valid reason as to why such a common male condition matters and why we are socially shunned from taking action(s) to deal with it when it makes us uncomfortable.
It's because society has been conditioned that women have developed breasts and that's something to aspire for while men have flat muscular chests and should aspire for that. Truth is many women have flat chests and many men have developed breasts. It's not that those who do not meet the societal norm has an issue, but societies warped sense of "normal" is the issue.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Busted (and happy)

Hi John. Agreed that it is society that really has the problem.
Think of changes in society over many years, it always takes some out riders to live as if what they wish for is already the norm.
For gyno it has to be the likes of us

Offline SideSet

Women have breasts and so do we. Women wear bras and we should, too. 

Busted (and happy)

It should be as simple as they wear "our" trousers, we wear "their" bras
Our wearing bras is a matter of need, their wearing of trousers is just pure preference.
I have no problem with ladies wearing trousers, I just want the same consideration but there, most ladies understand if the situation is explained.

I suspect those who seem unsupportive worry about what their friends might think of them because of us.
My wife is VERY supportive - that doesn't mean she didn't she didn't need explanation and time to get used to the change. It is just as big a jump for her as it is with us
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 07:29:48 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline Johndoe1

Years ago my doctor told me it's time to think about wearing a bra. He was wise. He also said that most women will understand and the only men that have something to say are carrying a tiny package of their own and just need to tear you down so they can feel better about themselves.

I almost forget I have one on anymore. I dress for my comfort, not for other people.
I too dress for comfort. Most of us here who wear a bra do so for the same reason. Physical comfort. I can't go braless for very long before things become uncomfortable.

Offline SideSet

Excellent points. 

I, also, need the support of a bra.   Once in a while, I find myself in the mood to go braless that day.  I know, however, if I’m very active that day, I will pay a price. By evening, I might have sore shoulders and some back pain from carrying all the unsupported weight on my chest. Also,  perhaps some tender breast tissue and chapped nipples from bouncing and constantly jiggling. 

So, I almost always wear a bra, but not just for comfort, but also for appearance. I like the full, rounded, lifted  shape a bra gives my bust.  Then there is also modesty, as the bra keeps my nipples poking through my tops, and everybody from seeing the shape and size of my breasts and areolae. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024