Author Topic: Who Lost the fat off their chest here w/ exercise?  (Read 9039 times)

Offline sdsurfer

• Bronze Member
Who Lost the fat off their chest here with diet and exercise and if you did do it, how?  Please be specific about your training/diet.

Offline unisys

• Bronze Member
I did that and it actually made my condition seem worse than it really was.  If you have a decent amount of gland, losing fat causes your gyno to stick out more even though your chest might be smaller from the exercising.  This made the gyno more apparent under clothing for me.  Of course this only applies to people who are of normal weight and want to loose the fat of their chest.  If you are overweight you should do everything you can to loose the extra weight.  

There really is no secret to losing weight in one area.  Specific diet/training information isn't necessary unless you want to get into peak physical condition.  Just eat healthy and work out all the muscles in your body, especially chest and shoulders.  

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
I totally agree, lots of people think that they can just work the fats aways.  Not true, our breast consist of breast tissues and fats.  Workout only work if you are overweight and have large breast.  According to the surgery that appear on my film, often your chest looked worse after workout since muscles you gain pushes out breast tissues further.
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
I did that and it actually made my condition seem worse than it really was.  If you have a decent amount of gland, losing fat causes your gyno to stick out more even though your chest might be smaller from the exercising.  This made the gyno more apparent under clothing for me.  Of course this only applies to people who are of normal weight and want to loose the fat of their chest.  If you are overweight you should do everything you can to loose the extra weight.  

There really is no secret to losing weight in one area.  Specific diet/training information isn't necessary unless you want to get into peak physical condition.  Just eat healthy and work out all the muscles in your body, especially chest and shoulders.  

for me working out has made the gyne better, i want to cut down an see how i will look it all depends on how bad your condition is too though, im more of just the puffy nip kind at a time when i was thinner my nips felt tighter also. but yea train everything around chest too my arms an what not compliment the chest

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
in my case its the other way around.

my gyne was more obvious now after i went to gym. i focused on chest exercise, it was a lot more hell presently than before.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
For me doing cardio and free weights has made my chest 90 per cent better. Which is odd as the PS I saw said no way could I get the fat or gland off my chest.

Maybe he had an ulterior motive ? ie a new car. Fortunately I saw another doctor who was shall we say more positive and because I was trying to get fit to join the army anyway I decided to give diet/exercise a go first. It took a lot of effort but it is definately possible to get the fat off at least. And I have lost the breast look still have a slight puffy nip on one side though.

I would say that if you have a lot of excess gland then you may not have as good a result , sucks that  :-/

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
For me doing cardio and free weights has made my chest 90 per cent better. Which is odd as the PS I saw said no way could I get the fat or gland off my chest.

Maybe he had an ulterior motive ? ie a new car. Fortunately I saw another doctor who was shall we say more positive and because I was trying to get fit to join the army anyway I decided to give diet/exercise a go first. It took a lot of effort but it is definately possible to get the fat off at least. And I have lost the breast look still have a slight puffy nip on one side though.

I would say that if you have a lot of excess gland then you may not have as good a result , sucks that  :-/

so there is hope if your minor or mild, im just gonna try an get  leaner an see how i look b4 i decide for surgery which i will do by like 24 if i choose
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 01:35:10 PM by bignipCT »

Offline IlluminaZero

• Bronze Member
  • What the hell is YaBB 1G - SP1!?
If you are primarily concerned about making your chest less prominent (Gynecomastia forums.. I wonder..) then you might want to focus on cardio type workouts to reduce your body fat first.

To my knowledge there isn't a truly dependable way to burn fat in specific areas, the body just sorts of gradually loses the weight all around. Therefore if you focus on weight lifting first and bulk without losing some of the fat, the chest will merely become even MORE prominent. (Which can be hard on us Gyne guys when our nipples sometimes make our chests look like pyramids.)

The lean tissue will however help with weight loss, as the lean tissue will help your metabolism quite a bit.

When I first started working out I actually intended to bulk first, but took a somewhat masochistic "weight lifting" routine that resulted with primarily calorie burning then really developing muscle tissue.  ;D I'm pretty happy I was such a dumb@ss, in reflection.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:46:48 AM by IlluminaZero »

Offline regulator98

• Posting Member
guys, it seems that i have a mild case of gyne. and i have lots of fat in my chest. what kind of chest exercises could you recommend for me? and should i focus on heavy weights, or light weights with high reps?

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
Do heavy wheights with low reps. Thats the most efficient way to build muscles. But if you do have a high fat percentage, cardio workouts should be your main focus for now.

Offline Bakajin

• Bronze Member
actually doing heavy lifting with low reps is primarily for maximising strength without gaining muscle.  Basically making your existing muscle more efficient.  For gaining muscle generally its better to train with higher reps (for example 6 to 12) to encourage hypertrophy.

I have never seen any case of gyno (real or pseudo) where someone who was fairly overweight did not improve the appearance of their chest after losing weight.  The gland may become more visible but in general a fit guy with some gland is going to look a lot less embarrassing than a fat guy with big droopy breasts.   IMO way too many people make excuses for not trying to lose weight before they even get close to a normal body fat percentage (eg 10-16%).  

Offline Vanatu

• Silver Member
I can't really say if i did...
Losing weight made my gyne more visable because they started to stick out farther than my stomach. And i was in very much denial...I knew of gynecomastia but i kept telling myself that it would eventually go away with excersise and i kept telling myself that it wasn't anything and supressing everything. I had come here a couple of times before and was like "no i don't have that...:("

After a long time of excersing and it not going away i had to come to terms with it... and work towards a solution(It was a little hard).

I came a little close to "accepting" it, i remember about 9 months ago when i told myself "I guess i'll never be able to wear something like that(a long sleeved tshirt)..."

Offline RyanM

Id have to say working out definently helped. I also kind of knew I had a chest problem but after a year in college of pure beer drinking and fast food i decided it was time to get in shape.

Ive lost a great deal of weight and the muscles in the rest of my body look much better than they ever did.

As far as my chest, I do chest a great deal, more so than any other body part although I would say I keep the balance fairly well. My problem was I did a lot of bar excersizes which has in turn made my right breast much strong than the left, the muscle has grown out and pointed the nipple down which has made it look better in shirts and what not. I switched to strictly free weights and cablesabout a year ago and the left is gradualy coming around.

In conclusions, I would say definently work out if you are considering it. It makes you feal better about yourself (yay! endorphans) and a healthy lifestyle is never a bad thing. And if I could give any advice its to doa  dumbell press and ignore the benchpress.

Offline stargraphicas

• Posting Member
Hey guys,
I have a pretty strange case of gyno.  I've been lifting for about 4 years now and have gone through numerous bulking and cutting phases.  Now Im in a cutting process and heres how things are going.  I can definately feel the gland, and my gyno is highly noticable.  Since May I've been on a strict diet, limiting my calories to around 1000 daily.  I've also kept weight training at 4 times a week hitting mostly upper body.
I do 14 minutes of HIT cardio (2 mins 6mph then 2 mins 9.5mph and so on) everyday and I run 3 miles every other day.  I also supplement with whey, l-glutamine (for muscle retention), creatine, and sesamin.

The results have been tremendous.  Im already a very lean person (6'1, 155 lbs).  Im getting a very defined six pack and the breast area seems to be shrinking.  The lump is still there, of course, and may be there forever.  Im getting bloodwork done this wednesday and figuring out things with a doctor, but as of now I think keeping up my cardio and diet I may be able to shrink the breast area to the point where its only gyno on muscle.  If you look at pictures of guys with gyno, they have horrible bodies.  Most are out of shape, fat, or have no muscle definition.  Have you ever seen a guy with low body fat and gyno?  Its hardly noticble.  Im not looking for the perfect chest.  I think us guys can all agree all we want is to be able to 1)wear a tight shirt (and without 3 wifebeaters!) 2)take our shirt off and go SWIMMING without feeling embarassed.

Im putting together a site that documents everything and Im keeping a journal.  It details everything Im doing so you guys can follow along. I should be done this week.  
If you have any questions, feel free to email or ask.
Follow me as I shed body fat in hopes of reducing the appearance of gyno:
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/sgentity

Offline stargraphicas

• Posting Member
more info on my diet and training:
training: I pyramid reps 8/6/4/4
I try to lift heavy.  I've found this works best for hypertrophy for me.

I'll document more of my lifting style and exercises on my website.  I only stay in the gym for no longer than an hour. (usually around 45 mins...thats all you really need).

I eat around 150 grams of protein and about 80 carbs.  Yes, you read that right.  Consider that my morning breakfast is half of that.  No pain, no gain!

I also eat 5 times a day.  I eat clean meats and the only carbs I get is from cereal and vegetables.

I run like hell.  Sometimes I run 6 miles just for the hell of it.  I stay away from liquor, fats, and sweets.  Every so often I have a cheat meal, but I feel horrible about it.

Some people recommend cycling carbs (having low days and then refeeding).  If I come to a plateua I might consider it.  For now, Im doing just fine on my diet.

I'll keep you guys posted when I put my site up.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024