Author Topic: 18 y/o my life with gynecomastia  (Read 4712 times)

Offline klitchfield

• Posting Member
Hi,

I just registered a few days ago, post come pictures, and thought that I should post something here too about my life. It may be a little short, but hey.

The farthest I can think back when I was 11 or so. I was always a husky kid. I never had major problems with bullies at school and so on. But I could remember some insidents. But soon I started developing breasts. The family had a few pool parties here and there and I went in the pool without much of a problem. Still, my chest was developing in a weird way, but I didn't worry about it. My parents didn't do anything about it either. It didn't realy affect me until a year later. I could only remember one insident in jr. high where I was made fun of in class. But it didn't go very far. This was when I started loosing weight too.

After hearing that we had to take a PE class, I started worrying how I'd deal with this problem. If we didn't dress out or even shower, you'd loose points from your grade. My first day in the locked room, I was so scared. I had to undress and put my PE clothes on. After class we had to do the same thing, but now it was worse. We had to shower. So I just put it behind my head and went for it. It actually wasn't much of a problem. I was surprised. Or perhaps I never heard rumors around the room while I was topless. I do remember someone whipping me and saying "you're in the wrong locker room", but just that once. The game of "titty twisters" was common sometimes, but I just played along and did it back, then they stopped after a while.

By the time high school came, I was in better shape. I ran pretty fast. But I still had these breasts. I had to take more PE classes and still didn't have a problem. In fact, I made some friends out of the class and most of them never mentioned my breasts. I had one friend comment "dude, have you ever noticed your huge t*ts?" and I said, "well, perhaps it's the way god created me. I still have a d**k right?" we joked around. It's good to put some humor in it. We both joined the tennis team my sophomore year and I felt great. we also become a part of our local gym.

And yes, I did have a girlfriend. She was alright and healthy enough if you know what I mean. We went to formal together and had a wonderful time in high school. She's off across the country at another college. I don't know if I'll see her again though.

So to conlude, I've learned to accept what I have since it hasn't humiliated me much. I'm not too sure if I'll do surgery any time soon. My friends don't really care about it. I still go to the beach here and there and do boogie boarding sometimes. I've put those few insidences behind me. There's a lot of good things in life. Always look up.

Here's my other post in the pics section:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1108172116;start=0#7

See you around! I'll keep everyone posted.

Offline dave1030

• Posting Member
Thanks for telling your story.  It's cool that it doesn't bother you so much.  Me on the other hand, I hate it.  I'm so glad I will be having the surgery soon.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Good story. I'm like you, in high school I had friends, several girlfriends, never got picked on, had respect from most everyone and by all outward appearances, had a normal teen life.  Unlike you however, inside, my gyne was absolutely driving me nuts. You're a strong guy, keep up the confidence.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 07:29:32 PM by jc71 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024