Author Topic: Just Wonderin what is the difference.  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Viking

• Open Source & Service Oriented Architecture rock !
Hi there everyone........
god i didnt know that they even had a forum for gyne....you guys really rock.......im glad i can atleast talk to other people.....people who i can relate to ....people who r going through the same and be open and bold about it....
Anyway my question is
how do i know if i can reduce my gyne by working out??
i dont think sugery is an option ( atleast not yet..too early for that)
ive got flabby under-arms( like the sides of my rib cages)....back and ofcourse my chest.........
i figured if i worked out my upper back, wings and chest
i would lose it.........

second option that i came across today is tamoxifen citrate, otherwise known as nolvadex.

Gentlemen your comments and suggestions would be monumentally appreciated.
im lost in dark...i have no clue where to start from.....
God bless all of you...and help you lose it

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
my first advice is go see an endo.
second, working out should be good, it'll give your chest a better shape, plus my endo told me that if i work out the gyne will go away faster (im pretty sure it wont go away but he did still recomend working out)
from what ive heard there are no meds that you can take to get rid of gyne and only a few meds work for some people (one of them is nolvadex) so its a chance you need to think about before you take it

Offline Viking

• Open Source & Service Oriented Architecture rock !
thanks for the reply godwasnagry....
im sooooo confused....i cant make sense out of anything..... i read another post that basically said...the fat is on top of your muscle....when u start working out your muscle starts growing underneath and the fat on top starts rising...eventually making the whole thing look bigger and puffier....can someone help me with this
thanks a lot gentlemen.......

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Viking, the muscle you build on your chest will tend to push the gyne out, not making it bigger, it would just be more apparent that you have gyne, though if you have a good workout plan and work out your whle body properly, you could probably make your gyne look more like pecs, if the rest of your body is well toned.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I'd err on the side of getting lean and toned rather than building bulk if you have gyno.Although a bit of muscle isn't too bad. Everyone likes a big guy ;D

I have significantly reduced my gyno but mine was mainly fat rather than gland. You can't really know if your gyno will reduce or go  until you have a go. Gland cannot be got rid of through exercise and diet fat can. If you feel your chest if there is hard tissue and you have puffy nip then it may be gland. Even then that is not a hundred percent accurate as sometimes fat can be harder and gland soft. puffy nips can also be caused to an extent by fat. My nips reduced a bit when I lost fat on my chest.

You need to give exercise quite a while too. It took me six months before my chest looked better if that is any indication.  I lost fat before that everywhere else even off my face and feet and even got down to a normal BMI before it went off my chest. You will have no control where the fat comes off first. Sucks I know.

Offline regulator98

• Posting Member
but if i work on my chest, should i do heavy weights with low reps, or light weights with high reps? thank yoiu..

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
but if i work on my chest, should i do heavy weights with low reps, or light weights with high reps? thank yoiu..

for general development and functional strength, it would be best to vary the rep range and loading. maybe 2wks 12-15 rep range (lighter weight), 2wks 8-10 rep range and 2wks 4-6 rep range (heavier weights), rinse and repeat. you want to choose weights that will cause you to fail in the desired rep range. if you can rep out 1000 reps with a 10lb dumbell, then you're not going to gain anything from that. you want to use a weight that it takes everything you've got to get that 15th rep.

many people fall into the thinking that to build muscle you gotta do low reps/high weight and to tone and/or burn fat you gotta do high reps/lower weight. the fact is that whatever your goal, to stimulate the muscle you need to stress it.  send the signal that it needs to grow. if you're dieting hardcore and are doing high reps your body will catabolize muscle for glycogen, which is counter productive as muscle burns fat and more muscle mass will lead to more burned calories in the gym, on the couch, and while sleeping...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024