Author Topic: Would you recommend surgery?  (Read 3182 times)

Offline redbaron

I'm a fifteen year old male, who's had gynecomastia for about 2 and a half years now. My uncle is a plastic surgeon, and he said it's a simple procedure to remove it if I wanted. I wanted to know your opinions- here are some pictures of it.

One Breast:

The Other:

Side View:

Both:

As you can see, they are pretty pronounced (I'm a pretty thin guy). Would you recommend the surgery, or do you think that I should wait?

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Depends on how it makes you feel.  If it bothers you, thenget the surgery, maybe wait a couple more years b/c there is a chance that they'll go away on their own, if not, you have an uncle that would do it for you (either free or for a very cheap price).

Offline GodWasAngry

• Silver Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1! And it loves me!
if you can... get the surgery

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
of course you should if it bothers you and will improve your lifestyle and well being.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
red....

Get that crap removed from your chest now. Don't waste the rest of your teenage years worrying about Gyne. I'm sure your uncle will do it for next to nothing.  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:11:34 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mrfantastic5

• Bronze Member
looks like too much gland to go away.

cases where it goes away are usually small buds and inflammed nipples.  

honestly, i would wait.  But i would wait not thinking it will go away, but wait to see if it gets worse or not.

18-19.. your hormones will settle down and you should get it done then.

atm, if you do get it removed, and there is still a problem with your hormones because you are 15...

it might just grow back and you would have to deal again with all the bs of surgery.

but then again, ur uncle is plastic surgeon, and he can get it done for you again...

if it was me i would do it now, and if it grows back do it again.  However, it would bother me to that degree.  IF it doesn't bother you it is in your best interest to just wait it out til 18 at least.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024