Author Topic: Gyne2  (Read 15175 times)

Offline Tityboom

• Posting Member
  • I am comfortable with my breasts.
Dear Merle & Simon,

I for one would very much like to see a Gyne 2, board.
For those of us that are comfortable and enjoy their
breasts.

Sincerely,

Tityboom

Gine2D

Ditto that, but I don't think there will be a different group set up here.  This site does a good job. It  is starting to accept our Gyne2 group as real men & not perverts.

In the meantime:

The readers here should go to these sites & see what they think their breasts look like.  A young person always makes a mountain out of a molehill until confronted with a mountain.  There are 100's of thousands of men that do not have the surgery & live a good live with their families.

We have learned to live with the breasts like women. We accept them but do not flount them in public places that do not allow women to be topless.

The young usually can only see the molehill/mountain & the image they think they project.

It is a positive state of mind after taking HRT.  No more depression.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gynecomastiaforum/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KlinefelterMales/

http://www.topica.com/lists/gynecomastia2/read

G

Offline larry

• Posting Member
  • proportion is everything
i notice gine2d that you mentioned hrt for depression--- did you not try standard antidepressants (zoloft, effexor, pamelor, prozac, etc.) first.   it is somewhat unusual to give what i presume are estrogens to a male for depression.
  i agree with you and tittyboom that having boobs is good.   the gyne3 site is probably better for us than this one. :)

Offline morgan

• Bronze Member
    • Gynaecomastia (pre-surgery)
Hi Larry

Low testosterone can cause depression in men. Testosterone Replacement Therapy (also called 'Hormone Replacement Therapy', HRT) supplements naturally produced testosterone, and can alleviate depression symptoms.

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hypogonadism2 for more information.

I'd like a second board, for people who are living with gynecomastia, too.

Morgan
« Last Edit: May 07, 2003, 03:07:39 PM by morgan »

Offline Radiologist

• Bronze Member
  • Feed me
I've only been coming here for a week, and I was thinkng the same thing about a new board for us who are happy with our breasts.

Then I realized that we have just as much right to be here as those who are unhappy. And maybe we can even act as voices of reason for them.

We survived our teenage years with breasts and even sucessfully emerged unmutilated into and through adulthood. I know what angst a mere zit causes teens (I have three kids in college and one in high school), and I can still remember how insecure I felt about my body when I was 16. But I'm also thankful that there wasn't a doctor who was tantalizing me with pctures of how I could look if I let him operate on me. Who knows what I would have done at that age. Would I have given into my own vanity and insecurity? I don't know, and I'm glad I never found out.

As I say, I feel like we should stay right here and serve as encouragers to those who are having negative feelings about themselves. I'm here to help anyone who will listen. And my new motto is:  Counseling before cutting.

Gine2D

Radiologist;

When I first started posting here I was FLAMED for suggesting that surgery was not the only answer.

Some did not like it that I post my reduced 42C breast pictures like they do.  Mine were 46DD after gaining a lot of weight.

People were upset that I suggested that surgery would not cure all of their "problems", that their attitude as a loser would also need to be changed.

They did not understand that the hormone imbalance was what was cousing most of the growth.  

Some had the surgery & never got their hormones in balance.  Some of them have new breast growth starting again.  Some have had additional surgeries after a few years.
Some were never the instant stud they invisioned after the surgery.

They thought I was a pervert because I posted that I enjoyed straight sex with a woman playing with my breasts.

Many could not believe that I was married to a woman & had children.

Many gays have large breasts & some hate them enough to have surgery.  Some accept them, some want them larger. Sexual preference has nothing to do with male breast acceptance.
It is in the self attitude.

They though any woman that enjoyed playing or kissing a mans breasts was weird.

They would, when they could, have sex with a shirt on & think that was normal.

They would let a woman or girl have oral sex on them but not let the girl touch or see his breasts, & they called me weird.

Our posts are now being accepted as a different point of view without flames.  It may help some guy that thinks he can not live a normal life with large breasts. If we can do it, he can.  It is mainly attitude & self-respect.

Gyne2 for those that have accepted their breasts is on Tropica.com & groups.yahoo.comEdit:  When it moved from Topica it was ruined as a bulletin board,  It is now an email board.

Gyne3 for those like us that enjoy the breasts is also on those sites.Edit:  When it moved from Topica it was ruined as a bulletin board,  It is now an email board.

More & more of us are wearing t-shirts in public & are going to the public beachs.

The Brits seem to be the most hung up on male breast size & think they have to have surgery.

Most women understand that male & female breast come in all sizes, & it is normal.

Good luck,

G

« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 04:55:49 AM by Gine2D »

Offline Radiologist

• Bronze Member
  • Feed me
Amen, brother. I'm glad to see that I'm in such good company.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
The flames can cut both ways. -- I've seen people ticked off merely because somebody DID suggest surgery.  I guess respect is important in any Net venue.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Early on, I really hated my breasts. That attitude gradually changed from hatred to coping, to acceptance, and now--  Let me tell a story.

one night two grand-daughters were sleeping over with my wife and I. The oldest was about 3-4 the other about 2 yrs younger.
The baby was easily bedded down but the older child was bouncing off the walls.  I was attempting to keep her corralled on my lap while reading stories from a bood of  "Mother Goose" Gradually she started to settle down. She tucked her right shoulder inder my left arm and lay her head on my left breast.  
Suddenly she stiffened and sat up. Placing her tiny hands where her head had been; the looked at me quizically and said "PaPa you gots boobs!"
I agreed and said "all women have them but only part of the men."  it was sufficient explanation and she again laid her head on my breast. "Feel Good" she said and she quickly drifted off to sleep.
If they serve no other purpose but to provide my grandchild with a comfortable pillow, the are not all bad.
I  am still quite shy, I was over 60 before I ventured out in public wearing only a t shirt. I doubt if I'll ever be bold enough to go out bare chested. But finally I am comfortable in my oun skin.
Dan
Grandpa Dan

Gine2D

Larry, sorry for not getting back on the question about anti-depressants.  I have never taken them, most seem to cause serious sexual side effects, like loss of desire as one example.

If you are on these, Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Seroxat, Cipramil, Celexa, Lexapro, Luvox, Effexor, Wellbutrin,
take a look at this site of previous users.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ssrisex/

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
The flames can cut both ways. -- I've seen people ticked off merely because somebody DID suggest surgery.  I guess respect is important in any Net venue.  
Ain't that the truth! I've been rounded on for "suggesting surgery", just for explaining the difference between gynecomastia and pseudogynecomastia. Some pretty stupid and intolerant types around here, and some blantant trolls as well.
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Gine2D

The truth shall set you free.

G

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I agree,  I seems as though the same question gets asked about every three days.

While I would rush to say that every honest question merits a thoughtful answer;  If the questions represent an ernest desire for information it would seem that a little research on the part of the person asking is not too much to expect.

It is clearly obvious that many people make their way directly to the boards without ever reading (even partially) the excellent information on the homepage.

Perhaps we should simply refer to these sources when a question is asked.  

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The compression garments have been around for a very long time, I wore them in the 1950's but gave up on that idea before too long because of the discomfort.

I feel fortunate that my breasts are small enough that a bra has never been a need.  There are many men much less fortunate.

Especially among the young men posting I see an almost desperate need to deal with their Gyne by surgical means.  Those of us who are older can remember when there was no surgical option.  Learning to Cope was the only alternative for a very long time.

Education seems to me to be in the best interest overall.  When I came to the realization that Gyne is so common and that it runs in my family,  My attitude slowly changed.  I have not come to like having breasts, but I have learned to cope with it.  

I feel that the poor overall success rate of surgery is directly a result of the patients either having unrealistic expectations of the surgical outcome or of surgery being performed upon young men who really did not need surgery. ( Body Dysmorphics )  One case I remember was of a young man who admitted that his surgeon excised a clump of glandular tissue about the size of a small coin followed by  Lipo of about 25 ml of fat.  Surgery on that young man was a waste of his time and money,  and he was not happy with the result.  His surgeon should probably have referred him to a Psychologist.

With my own sons, Their Gyne has never been a problem because we were open about it when they were young and they were not surprised when it happened.

Ignorance is probably the worst burden that many young men carry.  For some, it is a ponderous load.

The best 'cure' for gynecomastia would seem to be a good attitude about ones-self.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Have you tried the gyne 3 mailing list?

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024