Author Topic: 2 weeks post-op...could it really be true?!?  (Read 5676 times)

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
   After a my second surgery (1st surgery was about a year ago, lypo-only) I was so depressed I was ready to kill myself. I thought I had paid all this money for a second time and yet again was setup to have dissapointing results.
  I stopped looking at my chest a week ago and finally decided to take a look today to see if there had been any progress made, and low and behold my chest was A LOT flatter, even dare I say it, almost good-looking! There are also almost no noticeable scars (and I usually scar extremely badly).
  I'm going to take a look again in 1 week since I still have some pain and swelling, as well as hard tissue, so hopefully things will continue to improve, but even if things stay the same from here on out I won't be too dissapointed!
  My condition was really bad and if my chest continues to improve I want to let anyone in NJ know that there's possibly the best surgeon around. Not only was he the cheapest of all the surgeons I've talked to over the past couple years, but he was also quick in terms of fitting me into his schedule. I can't give him my recommendation just yet, but please keep in mind I have really high expectations and am very picky. I'm very self-consious and am an avid body-builder. I have always been so jealous of the guys with the nice flat chests (no I'm not gay but you know what I mean), and have been devastated by having to live with this condition for 11 years now.
  Well there's my post for the day, hopefully I can finally start living life in a couple more weeks. I have a lot of lost time to make up for.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 06:43:06 PM by johndoe »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
  After a my second surgery (1st surgery was about a year ago, lypo-only) I was so depressed I was ready to kill myself. I thought I had paid all this money for a second time and yet again was setup to have dissapointing results.
  I stopped looking at my chest a week ago and finally decided to take a look today to see if there had been any progress made, and low and behold my chest was A LOT flatter, even dare I say it, almost good-looking! There are also almost no noticeable scars (and I usually scar extremely badly).
  I'm going to take a look again in 1 week since I still have some pain and swelling, as well as hard tissue, so hopefully things will continue to improve, but even if things stay the same from here on out I won't be too dissapointed!
  My condition was really bad and if my chest continues to improve I want to let anyone in NJ know that there's possibly the best surgeon around. Not only was he the cheapest of all the surgeons I've talked to over the past couple years, but he was also quick in terms of fitting me into his schedule. I can't give him my recommendation just yet, but please keep in mind I have really high expectations and am very picky. I'm very self-consious and am an avid body-builder. I have always been so jealous of the guys with the nice flat chests (no I'm not gay but you know what I mean), and have been devastated by having to live with this condition for 11 years now.
  Well there's my post for the day, hopefully I can finally start living life in a couple more weeks. I have a lot of lost time to make up for.  ;D

Hi johndoe,

Did u have gyne with puffy areola, or no puffyness?

Anyways congrats and good luck 8)...... put some photos up it would help to know if this is the same as I have and others........
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
no puffy nipples or puffiness around the nipples, just a decent amount of breast tissue and a lot of fat also. My chest sagged a lot. I'm an avid weight lifter and I do a lot of cardio also, basically imagine someone in very good shape but with breasts.

I've always been deathly afraid of posting pics for personal reasons, but I might post some down the road. At this point I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the swelling to continue to decrease.

I can't wait I might actually go swimming in a couple of weeks. It will be the first time im I can't remember how long.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
no puffy nipples or puffiness around the nipples, just a decent amount of breast tissue and a lot of fat also. My chest sagged a lot. I'm an avid weight lifter and I do a lot of cardio also, basically imagine someone in very good shape but with breasts.

I've always been deathly afraid of posting pics for personal reasons, but I might post some down the road. At this point I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the swelling to continue to decrease.

I can't wait I might actually go swimming in a couple of weeks. It will be the first time im I can't remember how long.

So you have no puffy nipples or puffiness around the nipples, then is it just large around them?Hard to tell without a photo.......... 8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:03:50 AM by crow »

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
1 more day and I'll be taking a look to see if there's been any further improvement. Judging from feel it doesn't really seem to be shrinking/tightening much since last week, but we'll see.  :-X

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
1 more day and I'll be taking a look to see if there's been any further improvement. Judging from feel it doesn't really seem to be shrinking/tightening much since last week, but we'll see.  :-X

Keep your hopes up and post some photos.......

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
well my hopes just got dashed. I looked at myself in the mirror today and I look worse than I did last week ???.

I still feel some bruising so hopefully it's swelling, but I am starting to get discouraged again. As soon as I take off the compression vest the bottom sections of my chest start to sag and puff out.  :-[

There is still some hard tissue under the nipple area so do you think that might be causing the sagging? I am hoping that the weight of the scar tissue might be pulling the skin down, I don't know maybe it's just wishful thinking. I just don't understand how I can look worse at 3 weeks than I did at 2 weeks. :'(

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
just a few more days and I'll be 4 weeks post op and I'm only seeing a minimal improvement. It's not even close for me being able to go swimming outside. Gotta call the dr. tomorrow and ask him what's going on, can't wait to hear some fucking lame ass excuses.  :'(

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
just a few more days and I'll be 4 weeks post op and I'm only seeing a minimal improvement. It's not even close for me being able to go swimming outside. Gotta call the dr. tomorrow and ask him what's going on, can't wait to hear some fucking lame ass excuses.  :'(

Ya Im 6 weeks ,healing but not what I was told........

Offline johndoe

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear that crow. I didn't bother to call the Dr. yesterday, I figured I'd wait a couple more weeks since there's nothing he'll be able to do at this point anyway. by 6-7 weeks I'll definitely know where I stand and I can call him and see what we can have done. I think part of my problem is loose skin I'm wondering if he might be able to cut out some skin. I had another dr. mention that he could do this for me, but he just wanted so much money to do it. >:(

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Sorry to hear that crow. I didn't bother to call the Dr. yesterday, I figured I'd wait a couple more weeks since there's nothing he'll be able to do at this point anyway. by 6-7 weeks I'll definitely know where I stand and I can call him and see what we can have done. I think part of my problem is loose skin I'm wondering if he might be able to cut out some skin. I had another dr. mention that he could do this for me, but he just wanted so much money to do it. >:(

Ya it could be lose skin and then it may be just time to adjust but just keep your head up it should get better.......... 8)

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024