Author Topic: loose skin on stomach  (Read 4182 times)

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
After losing weight a few years ago I am still left with a lot of loose skin around my lower stomach. It is the only place left where I really need to lose any weight. I have currently started running and jogging. Will cardio help tighten the saggy skin around my lower stomach?

thanks a lot :)

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
Well, it is very different from person to person. But less fat under the skin i would assume will help your problem. Also do ab workouts to gain some muscle, maybe that will help.

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
After losing weight a few years ago I am still left with a lot of loose skin around my lower stomach. It is the only place left where I really need to lose any weight. I have currently started running and jogging. Will cardio help tighten the saggy skin around my lower stomach?

thanks a lot :)

Cardio should help tighten up the actual skin, while lifting should increase your muscle mass, which will make the skin tigher against your body.  Also drink pleny of water!
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free!

Offline Bakajin

• Bronze Member
cardio will not tighten the skin.  The only way to make the skin 'tighten' is for it to either naturally shrink or for you to add mass under the skin (muscle, fat, water, etc).  if you are young and lack stretch marks then there is a good chance your skin will recover naturally once you have lost the excess fat.   even if it doesn't recover fully maintaining a low body fat percentage will make make the problem look much better although you will still have a much 'softer' apperance compared to a regular person of the same body fat percentage.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024