Author Topic: Dr. Delgado 1 day post op  (Read 4619 times)

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
Dr. Delgado 1 day post op
Just had my surgery June 1 with Dr. Delgado. Wow, what an experience. I haven't seen my chest yet, but I will to see it at post-op this wednesday *knock on wood*. Amazingly, I never had the need to take even 1 pain pill, I've only felt slight discomfort but usually nothing at all. I'll try to post pics once I get them.

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
Re: Dr. Delgado 1 day post op
Day 3 post-op

Still have not taken any pain pills, not really any pain at all, except when I milk the tubes of my drains on my left side, I feel a burning sensation (but not on my right).

oh yeah, something interesting about Dr. Delgado's op. I have probably a mild case of gyne, but I went in to the op room at 2:30 and woke up around 7 PM?! Supposedly his ops last at least 3 hours. I hope it shows when I get to see it.

Offline fff

• Posting Member
People here say that the removing of the drains hurts a lot, so you can ask Dr Delgado if taking some of these pain pills before that will help. I would like to know too.

When are you going to see him again and get the drains removed? Do you live in San Francisco or did you have to stay at a hotel? Are you going to see the dr. again in Novato or in his office in SF? How long did you have to wait after the initial consultation until the surgery? What was the cost of the surgery? Did they show you pictures at the initial consultation and how many?

Thank you very much for posting here and for your answers, SpydeReFs!

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
Before the op, one of his nurses who took my vitals told me I could take pain pills before getting them removed. I'm going to see him this Wed, June 7 at his SF office to get the drains removed. I live in San Jose which is about a 1.45 hr drive and I just got a ride all the way there and all the way back after the op.

As for getting an initial consult it was only about a month, but I've heard it can take longer. It was very helpful, because Dr. Delgado showed a bunch of his patient photos (about 2 big binders full). I have a mainly mild case of gyne, and the price was about $6200, but the whole experience was definately worth it. I know you can get it for cheaper, but I was looking for the best here. I'll try to post pics after wednesday

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
already had the drains taken out a couple days ago by Dr. D. Honestly, that was nothing, I was more bothered by the itch I've been having all week (which wasn't even that bad). I was bracing for major pain, but I felt more of relief while it was being taken off. I'm having the stitches taken off coming wednesday.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
any updates, how are the results so far?

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
WHY IS IT THAT VERY FEW OF Dr Delgado PATIENTS HAVE PICS TO SHOW OFF THERE SURGERY........MAKES ONE WONDER IF THESE THREADS R REAL

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

sorry I've been really busy, but I am going to post my pics up in a few minutes. I have to upload them.

So far, I'm barely 3 weeks post op, and I don't really have preop pictures right now so hang tight.

As for recovery, everything is going great. And as far as postop Delgado patients are concerned, not many of us decide to go back to the gynecomastia forums. Advertising isn't Delgado's main concern, believe me, he's probably booked for a month right now just for initial consultation. Just go ahead and give his office a call, oh yeah and if you do go for the initial op, he gives you 2 VERY LARGE binders full of before and after pics of gyne from mild to extreme.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
Dr. Delgado did excission along the areola plus liposuction along chest area only (no love handles, anything like that), I had a moderate to medium case.

These are from about 2 weeks post-op.

The marks on my chest are from the compression vest

Messing around...

Offline KyleExtreme

• Posting Member

Looks good man!  How bad was it before?  :D

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
Dr. Delgado has pre-op pictures, I'm gona try to ask him if I can get it from him. My before was I guess the "average" moderate to medium gyne with puffy nips.

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
thats an excellent result, congrats

Offline SpydeReFs

• Posting Member
hi all,

for the marks they are more evident because of the drains which i had for a few days after the surgery. When all the scabbing goes off i'm going to use sillicone gel to have the scars fade more to the color of my skin. Right now at 3.5 weeks post-op its actually getting better more to the color of my skin but it won't be at its best   as to where it's not even noticable until 4 to 6 months I think i heard.

as far as the drains, i'm not sure if they helped a lot, but I did drain fluid for the few days I've had them, and those pictures you see now is the most swelling I've had (no scar tissue), and Dr. Delgado said the results will be even better in the near future.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024