Author Topic: Life after op  (Read 9845 times)

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
Hello

Rather then tell you about the years of embarrassment etc, I thought I would document as much as possible post op.

Here are my details:

24 years old, live in the Uk and had the op on Easter Friday, 9th April 2004.

I had the op on the NHS, which was both lipo and gland removal. I had a medium condition of fat and puffy nips.

So thats the into

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
I arrived at the hospital in the South of the UK at 2:00pm the day before the op. I had my blood taken and I was weighed and measured prior to being shown my ward and room. It was a plastic surgery ward and i was sharing with one other guy who was in for something completely different. Everyone was very helpful and kind and made me feel very relaxed.

At about 5:00pm my surgeon introduced himself, as I had only met with his assistance before (I had one pre op appointment where they took loads of pictures and measurements etc).

He spent about half an hour going through the operation and what he was going to do. He explained very clearly that he was going to make some small holes for the lipo to the lower outer side of each nipple. He would then suck out most of the fat. Because the glandular tissue is harder then the fat tissue he was going to surgically remove the gland tissue by cutting under the nipple, but along the nipple line, flip it up and cut out a portion of the gland. Stich me up and fit drains if needed.

I asked him about recovery etc and he just said that it would be around 7 days after drains being removed until I should start being active. He advised me to just take things very easy and to not raise my arms at all if possible to reduce the chance of bleeding. He said that he would have a clearer idea post surgery on recovery time as it ll depends on how much is removed.

I watch sky TV for the rest of the night and tried to relax

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
At noon, I was taken to surgery and marked up. I was very nervious and a bit worried incase it ended up looking worse then it did before. But just kept telling my self that before I know it everything will be fine.

I had a general, and it was a very soothing experience. It was like nodding off when you are trying to stay awake. Except when you do awake, you have had the surgery.

I felt very cold after the op, and was given a special blanket to warm me up. Apparently this is a very common reaction to the anistetic. Did not feel sick at all and was eating only a few hours after op.

The op took 90 mins to complete and i was back in my room at 4:00pm after recovering. I remember watching Newcastle play in a UEFA cup game while I ate some food.

The next morning was much clearer

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
It is Saturday and I am feeling a bit fuzzy but other then that fine. I have just gone to the loo for a widdle and felt okay.

I was a bit uncomfortable and then realsized I did not have any drains. Wow.

I had a look at my chest, and it was padded out and quite tight with a bandage. Not really painful, just a bit uncomfortable. A nurse has been visiting me every half hour taking blood pressure etc and feeding me pills.

They day passes quite quickly and I am told the surgeon will be popping in to see my after lunch.

Sure enough he calls round and tells me he is very pleased with how things have gone. He explains he has aimed to under correct as too much can look very strange. He said that there was minimal bleeding and as a result no need for drains. As a reuslt he said I am free to go home.

He stresses to me to keep still and rest. Try not to stretch for anything and drink lots of water. I am quite swollen, and a little bruised but nothing too bad.

He takes the bandages off and instructs a nurse to help me put on a supporting elasticating tubular bandage thing. They double it up to give extra support.

I go home

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
Spend the entire day at home. I take pain killers and Ibuforen like I was told too.

Feel a little constipated, and the support is making me itch like hell.

I just watch TV all day (I took the whole week off work)

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
A complete repeat of the previos day with one exception..... I still itch like hell

I change the support and use baby wipes to clean myself up a bit and notice a rash appearing in the form of two big circles around my breasts. I realise I must be allergic to the pen they used on me to mark me up.

I take some hayfever pills to relief it and it works a bit.

Still no poo

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
Had a big big poo this morning. The rash is still there and I seem to have swollen a bit more.

I call the hospital to make the pre op appointment as I could not make it while I was there due to the easter holidays.

It will be Monday the 19th. I am told to completely rest until then. Asked about the allergy and they just told me to take some antihistamine tablets.

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
Okay this is where I am now.

The swelling seems to be smallest in the morning first thing, and bigger towards the end of the day.

I am praying it is all healing well. I have four days to wait until I have my post op appointment. I have not felt the need for pain killers this morning - even though the pain was never that bad.

I have just cleaned myself up and even though I am swollen the whole areas seems to be looking much better.

The sort of things I am wondering today are:

Will I be able to start going to the gym soon?
Will I be okay to go on holiday in 4 weeks from now?
How long do I need to wear this support for?

If there are any questions you would like me to ask the surgeon let me know and I will do my best to ask for you.

Really want a shower but I have been told that I can not as I have disolvable stiches in

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
Just used some wipes to give myself a bit of a clean and have noticed the incision area is becomming very hard. I imagine this is normal and part of the healing process.

The itching has stopped now that I have taken a few allergy relief pills.

Because I am unable to do much exercise and I really do not want to try incase it effects the recovery, I have decided to try a diet.

Basically instead of snacking on buscuits and chocolate I have order loads of fruit from the internet. It gets delivered today so hopefully I will only be snacking on fruit from now on.

I really don't know if this is helping anyone, so if you have any questions about anything or indeed advice, then please feel free to pitch in

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04
Hows it looking? Are you pleased? Where did you have the surgery and who with?

Ian

Offline postopuk

• Posting Member
I am definately pleased, but it is hard to tell to be honest. It looks much much flatter and no way as puffy.

I had it done at Salisbury District Hospital by a surgeon working for a Mr Hobby.

Getting it done on the NHS is a massive bonus and I would recommend people really push for this. I was only waiting 3 months.

Offline glinja

• Silver Member
  • bi lateral aggressive lipo done on NHS 16/06/04
Hey postopuk, hows it all going now?

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
5 days post op, how is it?? Do you think it will be hard for me to carry a back pack with 2 books in it 5 days post op? Thanks
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
doesn't look like he's been around in a while. I'd like a little update myself.  Since it's no longer a problem, i suppose there's no reason to get on these boards, but i'd like to know how his life is progressing.  Looks like it's been 10 months now since his surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
doesn't look like he's been around in a while. I'd like a little update myself.  Since it's no longer a problem, i suppose there's no reason to get on these boards, but i'd like to know how his life is progressing.  Looks like it's been 10 months now since his surgery.

Yup, he's not posted since April 16th, 2004. Sure would be nice of him to drop in and say hello...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 06:27:55 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024