Author Topic: A few thoughts  (Read 3151 times)

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I always hear people saying that Gynecomastia is just a cosmetic problem and it is not as bad as other serious diseases like Cancer. However, I think that this thinking is completely wrong. I believe that gyne is even worse than other diseases. A person with a serious disease only dies once due to that disease. However, gyne kills us everyday and we deal with this disease everyday. Gyne kills everything a person values. It kills our self-esteem and self worth. It is not just a cosmetic problem. Saying it is a cosmetic problem insults all the people who suffer from this horrible condition. It destroys a person at a vulnerable part of a person's life. It  destroys us when we are going through tough teenage years. I can sit here and think about how my life had been different if I never had gyne.
I get very angry when I think about all of the years of my life that gyne has taken away from me.

Offline nomis

• Posting Member
whoa, man. Theres no way gyne is as bad as some sort of terminal illness or some lifelong disease. I mean, what would you rather have, gyne or diabetes?

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Sure gyne is bad but it is curable and some people aren't affected by it at all. Plus some cases are worse than others.

Serious diseases like cancer are mostly in a different league some are incurable and are extremely painful. Ask someone with motorneurone disease  what they would rather have. Everyone thinks differently but in my view knowing you are going to die or not being able to do something you have always wanted to do is worse. With gyne you might get a second chance. Many people with cancer don't.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 01:26:19 PM by Worrier »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
shakespeare's old joke in a midsummer night's dream was, comparisons are odorous (ie odious).  

psychological duress is a different category from physical, but that does not make it any less real, which i think was tsjas's point, and i agree with it so far as i think he's just saying don't write this stuff off.  

in my own experience gyne has been every bit as destructive as a fatal disease, if not more, because like a cat playing with a mouse, it kept me alive just to keep playing with me and giving me false hopes.  then it took away the things that mattered.  and it could take away more because it had kept me around.  

now sure, now that i know what it is i take responsibility for where i go from here.  but for the first 23 years of this, i never had that luxury, and it did all the ruin with my life that it could.  and not satisfied with me, it could then devastate those i cared for too.  

way i see it is, that's not "less" than anything else out there.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:02:13 PM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline keelo

• Bronze Member
I understand what your saying but really if you dont have your health what do you have?

A terminal disease is much worse.

People will sympathise for you and not make fun of you but at least gyne doesnt kill....it just ruins your life. lol

I totally agree with it being more than a cosmetic problem though. People dont get surgery because they want to look good.....they get it because they dont want to look like a freak and want to live comfortably. If you had 3 arms wouldnt you want it removed? Doctors should take it more seriously and help all these people.....it really is an unfortunate thing to have.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 07:58:14 PM by keelo »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
I understand what your saying but really if you dont have your health what do you have?
i believe the guys the bush administration, in repudiation of every law and principle we stand for by the way, are keeping in eternal limbo in guantanamo bay, are mostly as well fed and healthy as you could ask.  i assume you also noticed that in spite of the fact islam forbids suicide, three of them just committed it. if health were all there is to health, these kinds of incidents would simply never happen.  

but i think you get my main drift anyway.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:51:25 PM by headheldhigh01 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024