Author Topic: My story  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Bryan123

• Posting Member
Sorry I posted this orginally in the wrog section  :P

I had bi-lateral gynecomastia since I was 14 yrs old.  At that time I was captain of my hockey team and the smartest out of my two brothers.  I thought I had breast cancer and was dying.  I had to pinch my nipples constantly to hide the puffyness (Ido not know if this made it worse.  They are bout 3-5 cm in diameter.  I worked out alot (sometimes 1000 push ups a day).  If anyone said anything about my chest I would have knocked them out.  My parents thought I was pinching my nipples because it felt good.  Actually, pubertal gynecomastia is painfull.  The pain subsided once the growth stopped.

I fought through this handicap and have a normal life.  Two degrees Chemistry and Computer Science.  I am married and have a full time job at a pharmaceutical company.  

Only when I hit 29 years old did I get the courage to investigate this problem.  It was my dad who gace me the courage.  He developed unilateral gynecomastia at 55 years old.  He went through the same thoughts I did "breast cancer".  I told him he was going through andropause and that doctors probably will not remove it, but give him hormone therapy.

Well, lets talk about my condition.  I staterd reading on the web about Klinefelter syndrome, testicular cancer, and other strange adrenal tumors.  I thought I am in big trouble.  Not only did I hide this condition by cold showers, pinching nipples, and builing big biceps.  I decdived my wife.  I stand a good chanced of being infertile and she did not deserve this.  

So I told my wife she thought I was vain and there was nothing wrong with me.  So a week later I did a TSE check and found tubes/lumps behind my left testicle.  I thought it was cancer.  Told my wife and we disputed if it is or not.  Then it started to hurt.  Now at 29 I know this did not happen at 14.  I measure both testicles they are 4.5cm (the long length).  I had an Ultrascan done and they were only cysts found.    

Now, I just
ruled out Testicular cancer.  What about Klinefelter syndrome.  I could shave twice a day, I have more body hair than my brothers.  I bench 250lbs and squat 275.  I am near my target weight of 170 lbs (actual 185).   I have never taken a steroid in my life, and have normal testicle size.  I also am the same height as my brothers.  SO the chance if this being KS is about 50%?  

I have a physical with my doctor on Aug 28 and I will ask for a complete hormonal blood work up.  The last time I asked a doctor for this she looked at me like I was smoking crack.  (I did not get done then thanks to her).

I do not know what is going to happen with these tests, but it is time for the lumps under mu nipples to die.  As for teens who get this condition.  Go to a doctor ASAP.  You do not want to end like me discussing TESE with your wife you are putting through nursing school while you are getting tested for testicular tumores and other fun conditions.

I wish I knew about this fertile and this condition back then (even though testicle size is normal), because I would have a semen analyisis.  Worst case I am infertile, but at least I would no not to promise something to your partner on you may not be able to.  

SO GO TO THE DOCTOR DO NOT DO WHAT I DID.  IF YOURPARENTS ARE AFRAID OR CONFUSED ABOUT THIS CONDITION GO IN FOR A COLD AND THEN HIT HIM WITH THE GYNO QUESTIONS.

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
It seems to me from what you've said that you simply have gyne.  Good for you for investigating all the possibilities, though.  

I would like to know what your father has done about his condition, because I am about his age.  Has he had surgery?  Did it go well?  Scarring?  Etc.

Thanks

Offline Bryan123

• Posting Member
My dad is still being investigated.  They ruled out infection.  But the doctor wants to do a mamogram and then decide if any hormone test is to be performed.  As for surgery they have not even discussed that yet.  They are still ruling out every possiblity.

I will keep you updated.

Offline Bryan123

• Posting Member
He had his mamogram done on his chest.  Not cancer.  The hormone level check is next.  After years of silence about my condition I discussed my gynecomastia with my dad.   I found out he has born with one testicle decended.  I found out that the other decended when he was 14.  I asked my parents if I was born with both.   They said yes.  I believe them because we all have came out of the closet on this subject.  I told him to tell the doctor that the pain was unbearable so it would be covered by insurance(his still does hurt).  Mine gyno stopped hurting aroud 18, but did not go away lucky me.  I will kep you posted

« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:07:45 PM by Bryan123 »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Bryant-

You had me breathless waiting to hear what came what came of those cysts in your tubes.  I have had those for years and didn't sweat it.  Somedoctor once told me it was calcified semen and I would use that story on my girlfriends to get more sex.  I am glad there was no connection.  I love the unbrearable pain story.  I should have tried that myslef. I am around your age, but I think it could work anyway.  The only risk is they may have a general doctor slice you up and not a PS.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
man i thought i had cancer when i had gyne too. it was pretty painful.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024