Author Topic: Guerrilla Cardio?? Please share the results  (Read 30490 times)

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
  • You Are What You Believe
Hello all, I’m new here…
I’m 26 (5”9 – 170lb)has a Gyno since I was 14 or so.
I found this board just a few days ago.
And believe it or not, I didn’t know what I have was a condition known as Gynecomastia untill the day I found this board; after reading for about 10 min and checking some of your pics I realized that I do really have it.
Any ways, two months ago I started exercising for an hour every day 30 min joging and 30 min Gym just to get in shape….i lost about 15lb in the the past two months ; and happy with the results.
When I got to know that I have this condition I was depressed, coz I thought it(my Gyno) was just fat that needed to be burned some time when I have free time. However, now I’m committed to fight these two things on my chest that I see almost everywhere I look for the past 12 years either in the eyes of these who look at me, my bathroom mirror or when I look at them myself.
Thanks to “Danosaur” in “What excercises can burn some serious calories?” I read an article about Guerrilla Cardio and started the exercise this morning…
It was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done in my life….fortunately i could go through all the 8 intervals but from the second one I started to make it 15sec sprinting and 10sec rest (instead of 20sec sprint and 10 rest)…
Please give me some feed-back on whether I’m doing it right
And please if you’ve tried it, DOES it REALLY work…(4 min x 8 weeks)?
This is the article I got from “Danosaur”
http://www.cs.unm.edu/~wneumann/files/guerilla_cardio.pdf
Thanks

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the advice  dude and sorry for your loss…
I have another question though.
This is my first week doing this exercise (GC) and believe me the only thing that makes me stick to it is the fact that I hate it so much…and that somehow makes me feel it’s the right one for me….
However, as I mentioned before I exercise everyday jogging and Gym…evening time…when I added the GC to my exercise menu I didn’t change the way I exercise in the evening; besides I usually skip a meal and just eat some fruits instead, which has been working fine for me (lose about 2lb a week).
I noticed last week after the GC I lost a lot of weight around 3.5lb to 4lb is that fat or it could be muscle too.
So I guess my question is after introducing the GC to my exercise schedule how much should I eat more..?
Thanks…  

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
thanks a lot dude
i'm doing GC every other day and i hope i'll see the results in 8 weeks ..as promised in the article
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:02:32 PM by GynecoMan »

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
this stuff is hard as hell. my friend and i do a modified version(longer rest). still gets your blood pumping.

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
i tried doing it this morning but i felt sore all over coz i exercised and swam yesterday....
i could really feel the burning for hours after each time i do it....
i hope i could keep doing it for at least the next 7 weeks.
Wish me luck…cheers  ;D

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
Interesting…
You know what… this is my 2nd week with GC exercise.
i believe the more I do this exercise the more self-confident I get; not just in exercising but in other aspects of my life…. I just feel better whenever I finish this hard challenge every time I do it. I’ll for sure continue  this GC for full 8 weeks and then if I like what I see and the way I feel about myself, I’ll never stop it…
by the way, how is yours going…any good results yet…  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 05:08:00 PM by GynecoMan »

Offline eguru

The “guerrilla cardio” you talk about is very well know among people as “HIIT” training (high intensity interval training). Google it you will find more information about it. From experience I can tell it is the best cardio exercise to lose fat. I have been doing it for past 4 months and have lost more that 30 pounds. I came down from 210 to 180 and added some muscle as well (mostly through weight training). Couple this “HIIT” training with a low-carb diet (I prefer T-nation’s “velocity diet”) and stomach vacuums you got yourself the best combination to reduce that suborn fat in your gut. HIIT and stomach vacuum also tighten your abdominal and core muscles so you don’t have any loose skin from weight lose. The reason HIIT works is not through the calories you burn during the exercise but through the elevated heart rate the last after the workout which increases your metabolism. So, you burn calories throughout the day. Hope that helps.

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
thanks for sharing the info..and yes GC is based on Tabata Intervals which are a form of High Intencity Interval Training...
cheers 8)

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Roadrunning 4 miles in the bloody rain avoiding cars , angry dogs and loony old people on mong chariots is real mans cardio.

HIITT is for poofs.  ;D ;D.

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
Man sprinting for 10 secs is enough for me. Ive been jogging alot lately. My mile is 8:36 cause im outta shape. When i had gyne i would never run. So that means i didnt run for like 4-5 years. Not ONCE. Before gyne i could run like a 7min mile. Probably when i was like 12 or something.
This program is no joke though. When i get in better shape ill really try it. I dont think this stuff is for  noobs though.

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member

This program is no joke though. When i get in better shape ill really try it..

I agree..This GC is really hard like hell.. Believe me i know, i've been on it for about 3 weeks now (do it every other day) i only sprint the full 20 sec during the first 4 or 5 intervals (the rest  for about 15 sec or so and not as hard), however, the point of the exercise is to get your heart rate up. therefore, i believe that as long as i do it as hard as I can it’ll still work great.
Anyways, I’ll keep doing it for 8 weeks and see if I’m happy with the results.. so far so good though.
Cheers ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 06:17:27 AM by GynecoMan »

Offline YOURESORAD

• Posting Member

Offline carguy

• Gold Member
  • boobfree 2003!!
My teacher says u start to burn fat after like 15 min of keeping ur heart rate up. plus the longer u go the more fat u burn. it could be a slow jog too.

Offline GynecoMan

• Bronze Member
well, i agree… that’s what everyone believes, and it's probably true...however the GC article claims the following:
"For years, we’ve been told that low-effort aerobics is the best method for burning fat. New research tells another story.... You see, most of the fat you burn with high-intensity cardio occurs after exercising, not during the workout itself. Research presented in the journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise shows that when you work out using high-intensity intervals, the total amount of calories your body burns is elevated up to 142 per- cent more than low-effort aerobics within the hour after your workout. And it doesn’t stop there. Research published in the journal Metabolism shows this potent post-exercise “burn” may persist for up to 48 hours after exercising.
References Cited 1 R. Bahr and O.M. Sejersted, “Effect of Intensity on Excess Postexercise O2 Consumption,” Metabolism 40.8(1991) : 836-841."
I’ve been on this GC for more than one month now and I think I works great…at least I don’t have to spend too much time jogging any more…   ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 06:04:45 AM by GynecoMan »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024