Author Topic: Screw it - I am going for surgery  (Read 4016 times)

Offline fropper

• Posting Member
Guys - Please look at the pictures. I know it is a cen percent case of gyne but i want to know if its surgeable ? I have enlarged breasts, big nipples and asymetry all-together...

I have appointment with surgeon in Orlando area on 16th and would like to know what could be my specific concerns based on my gyne situation. You guys are experts and probably the only ones I can share info with. How bad is the surgery ? can I proceed with the entire thing all by myself. Don't have my family with me and telling friends 'd be too too embarassing !! ...

Thanks for all your inputs in advance..

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:17:00 PM by fropper »

Offline fropper

• Posting Member
jologs - I haven't done much research but have an appointment with Dr. Brian Joseph. Its basically free and you are right there is no dr as such specialzing in this type of surgery (not tht I am aware of!!).. Dr. spencer seems to have a good deal of expertise in this area (based on before and after posted in his website !) ..  bro i m totally fed up the way my chest looks.. and lets do it once for all... if you find anything new on the subject matter let us know..

lets do it bro ...! I am just concerned how bad the surgery is and is it result giving . ? BEST

Offline YOURESORAD

• Posting Member
I live in the same area!

pleasee give us an update

Offline fropper

• Posting Member
joglog and sorad - I went through consultation with Dr. Joseph and looks like he has quite an handson experience with gynecomastia... This is just an absolute view.. I can't compare him !! I am scheduled for surgery in 1st week of sep.
He says I have some gland and tissue to be removed so it'd be liposuction and incision.. ! total cost estimate is $3600 and that includes ultra sound contouring package.. I am going to him for pre-op session on friday and 'd tell you about tht later.. what you guys think could be my specific concerns ? like: do i need lift.., nipple reduction .. any thoughts related to surgery ??

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Fropper-

I know you are ready to do this, but you should see at least one more doctor first.  I saw 3 and I m not sure that I picked the best one, but I feel confident that I made an informed decision.  The second guy I saw was a quack, but I only knew that because of my other two visits.  I don't want to scare you, but for something like this, I would like to have options.

Offline fropper

• Posting Member
hello guys, I went through the surgery with dr.joseph and it went very well.. the results look very good (so far  :D) .. The process and post-op are painless though post -op is very uncomfortable (compression vest ) ... I had asymetry and  gyne and he dealt with tht pretty well... I have post op appointment on friday..
I am very happy tht i got rid of this thing.. now I think tht i should have done this long back.. neways.. best to all those guys who are still in look for surgeon in oralndo area...

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
Hi, congrats on your surgery. you seem happy. that's what matters! could you tell how much it costs? I have heard the national average was like $2700 but some people here pay over $6000. I'm really curious because I'm ready for this to be over with for me and I'm calling TOMORROW (sept 5) to make an appt for a consultation but i'm really worried about the costs. i want it gone and i'll pay what i can but i hope it's not toooo much. you had glandular excision and lipo?

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
btw, i saw that you had a $3600 estimate but i'm wondering if there were any "suprises" in terms of additional costs. thanks.

Offline fropper

• Posting Member
Bradley - The cost realy depends on region you are getting your surgery done. In my case surgery fee was abt 2k and rest was hospital (800), anasthesia (500) and since PS recommended I took a Gynecomastia countouring package (400). The last one was optional and is basically some ultra-sonic treatment to subside the swelling.
Jogs- My case was little severe and he had to do excision. They gave me wolverine. After i was given that i remember only getting up with vest arnd which is trust a big pain. My case swelling is not much but there is little lumpy-bumpiness. I saw the results immediately, may be I had a severe case thts why.. I am wearing vest continuously and 'd post some post-op pics during the weekend.
Generally speaking if you are bothered by gyne, sooner you get is surgeoned out its better. I'll be glad to answer any questions you guys might have ! Frankly i wasn't very confident abt dr.joesph doing it so neatly. He just saw me once and just had his nurse take some pictures of him and then he walks into the surgery room at the last moment, draws some circles, does surgery and walks off before I could see him  ;D. But i was surprised to see the results when i took my vest off after 48 hours !!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024